Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Multiplayer as Another Titanfall, Weapons and Preorder Bonuses Revealed
By Gel Galang | August 13, 2014 12:34 PM EST
While there is talk that the multiplayer of "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" is very reminiscent of "Titanfall," there's no denying that this iteration of the game is a far cry from last year's "Ghosts."
A scene from the Xbox One "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" game is demonstrated during the Xbox E3 Media Briefing at the University of Southern California's Galen Center in Los Angeles, California June 9, 2014. REUTERS/Kevork Djansezian
Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire CoroCoro Scans and Trailer Leak New Mega Altaria, Mega Lopunny and Pikachu Cosplay
At Gamescom, the developers have revealed the multiplayer of "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare," where a few details regarding suits and modes were given out. According to Expert Reviews, the EXO suits have a number of special perks, while new multiplayer maps have been revealed, each with a particular reward and event.
One of the EXO suit abilities includes a variety of moves that boost your coverage of an area. There's Boost for higher and faster jumps, Slam, which is lethal enough when you smash into the ground, Dodge to get out of harm's way and Dash to let you shift directions even when up in the air.
What to see in multiplayer
The multiplayer component of "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" also goes wide In terms of customization, as Forbes reports that Activision will introduce 350 custom weapons, 1,000 player rewards and 2 billion unique player combinations.
"'Advanced Warfare' introduces significant new mechanics to multiplayer that truly changes the game, but more importantly just speaking as a gamer, it's a hell of a lot of fun," Activision CEO Eric Hirshberg said to Forbes.
Some new additions coming in with "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" includes a shooting range for testing out weapons, a Virtual Lobby which serves as a venue for showing off your rewards, a Create-an-Operator system for customizing your character, Supply Drops to get more weapons and gear, and new game modes.
Early access coming with preorders
There's an advantage to getting the preorders for "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare," especially for those who are already raring to go and play this futuristic installment of the game. Activision has announced at Gamescom that the game can be played a day before the actual Nov. 4 release date, particularly for those who will preorder.
This is because preorders will get the Day Zero Edition. But for those who have filed preorders for the other Collector's Editions, they will also have access to the Day Zero Edition's early access, reports Gadgets NDTV.
The Day Zero Edition has more features, like the custom weapons AK-12G assault rifle, Crossbow-B2 weapon and the Bullet Bras EXO. This edition also allows double XP earning during the early access day, so level-up will be quicker. However, the Day Zero Edition will be subject to availability, and a refund will be made possible if it is not available in a specific area.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Facebook To Charge Users Of $2.99 Monthly Fee On November 1; Best Free Alternatives For Facebook
- Microsoft Promises A Better ‘Minecraft,’ Game To Come to Windows Phone
- The Pirate Bay Operations: 21 Virtual Machines Are Used To Run The File-sharing Website
- The Release of Xperia Z3 is Nearing Sony Slashes Price of the Xperia Z2 by $200
- The Best Smartphones Yet To Release in 2014
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border