Man Utd Transfer News: Van Gaal Set to Demote Luke Shaw to the Bench by Bringing in Ajax Standout Daley Blind
By Mark Wayne Eubank | August 13, 2014 12:33 PM EST
After giving Louis van Gaal a bad impression during his first few weeks at Manchester United, Luke Shaw might have to ride the bench in the upcoming season as the Dutch manager is rumoured to be interested in bringing in Ajax standout Daley Blind.
Evan Habeeb-USA TODAY Sports
Manchester United defenseman Luke Shaw (28) kicks the ball over Inter Milan defenseman Andrea Ranocchia (23) in the second half at FedEx Field. Manchester United beat Inter Milan 5-3 on penalty kicks.
The marquee signing from Southampton had fitness issues, which is already being addressed, that might have left a bad taste in Van Gaal's mouth.
"He needs to be fit and is not very fit and fit enough to do what I want. He needs to train individually until he is fit," the 63-year-old former FC Barcelona boss said about two weeks ago.
Meanwhile, Blind, who started all of the World Cup finals fixtures under Van Gaal, admitted that he would consider leaving Amsterdam once a good opportunity is presented to him.
"I am happy here in Amsterdam, but if there comes another club I will have to think about it and then we will see," said the second generation Lancieri player.
"I will think about my options. For now I will focus on Ajax and we will see what happens next week."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Hailed Swiss Sportsman Of The Year, Beating Stan Wawrinka
- Hoax Alert: Floyd Mayweather Didn’t Die Of Drug Overdose
- NFL News: Chicago Bears Likely To Fire Head Coach Marc Trestman At End Of NFL Season
- Floyd Mayweather Jr On Manny Pacquiao: 'He Must Know He's Not Going To Win
- NBA Trade Discussions ‘Tremendous’; 10 Teams Including Rockets, Clippers and Hornets Active For Probable Deals—NBA Insider