Alvin Gentry: Shaquille O'Neal Used to Spar Naked With Teammates [VIDEO]
By Vincent Paul Hidalgo | August 13, 2014 12:22 PM EST
Nothing can no longer surprise the public what antics Shaquille O'neal is up to, given his reputation as a prankster and a funny guy.
During his Phoenix and Cleveland days, he made famous some pre-game antics such as the bowling ball or the carry the heavy Shaq to the floor. He even unintentionally cursed on national television during a pre-game interview after a win over the Toronto Raptors. Heck, he went as far as using sprayed on abs for his shirt-off competition against Charles Barkley.
Golden State Warriors coach Alvin Gentry's revelations in a recent interview with ESPN takes the whole cake. Shaquille apparently scheduled a weekly impromptu jiu-jitsu wrestling matches with his teammates with one condition - stark-naked jiu-jitsu!
Shaq's discipline in mixed martial arts is not in question here as he has trained for years in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and he is a sworn Golden Beach Police Officer to boot. Well, he may be the law and he enforces it in style with his former Phoenix Suns teammates and coaches.
"You would never know who the chosen one was, but what would happen when you least expect it, this 7-foot, 310-pound guy would turn the corner, and he would be stark naked and he would run right at you full speed, grab you, he would take you to the floor and then he would do about five rollovers with you." Gentry said.
Not even Gentry was spared from the prank as he jokingly told of having to go through therapy after rolling five times with a 7-foot-3, 320 pound most dominant ever. Now, if that happened to Steve Nash imagine the hilarity.
Well maybe, the Big Cactus, the term he used to call himself during his Phoenix Suns stint, may be able to pull off the trick with unsuspecting smaller opponents but one will wonder how he will ever fare in the actual Octagon. He did have a "fighting chance" against Chuck Liddell.
Now that Shaq is retired from the NBA, maybe hold true to his word and do battle in the UFC. If he does, he'll surely need better training partners than unsuspecting and terrified basketball players. Well, if he cannot come to the Octagon, we will always have this:
(Video Courtesy of: Youtube/9cullen)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS