Walking Dead Star Norman Reedus Confirmed as Silent Hills Main Character via PT Demo
By Ryan Inoyori | August 13, 2014 12:20 PM EST
A playable trailer revealed that Norman Reedus plays the upcoming main character on the next generation Silent Hill instalment called 'Silent Hills' based on a collaboration video teaser produced by Hideo Kojima and directed by Guillermo del Toro.
Norman Reedus in Silent Hill
Fans of the Walking Dead popular actor Norman Reedus might be interested on seeing his appearance on the next generation franchise of the famous psychological horror game - Silent Hill. According to a YouTube video, Reedus' main character walks into a city district which looks or seems abandoned with that entire scary ambience known from the Silent Hill game series.
The teaser trailer confirmed that Norman Reedus stars on the upcoming game series titled 'Silent Hills' while the video has been produced by Kojima Productions using Fox Engine and has been a collaboration between Hideo Kojima and Guillermo del Toro.
Originally, the video teaser found at YouTube is part of the playable trailer released during Sony Gamescom and became available for download via PS Store for Sony PlayStation 4. And if any important details about the character's background played by Reedus and storyline were revealed, players should check out the uploaded media at Twitch.
Playable Trailer Collaboration
Kotaku reports claim that the technique used on the new Silent Hill is very similar to other game announcement released by Kojima such as 'Metal Gear Solid 5' which was teased as 'The Phantom Pain.'
Kojima Productions has been known on producing games since 1987 and most of them are part of the Metal Gear game series such as The Phantom Pain, Ground Zeroes, Legacy Collection, Social Ops, Snake Eater 3D, Peace Walker, Solid Touch and Guns of the Patriots. Non-metal gear games produced by Kojima include Zone of the Enders HD Collection, Lunar Knights and Castlevania: Lords of Shadow.
Director Guillermo del Toro is not new on collaborations and video games as he was the director, producer and writer of the survival horror game 'Insane' being developed by Volition to be published by THQ and would be the first game series of the planned trilogy. Other works include the Hellboy: The Science of Evil and the unreleased Sundown which he was a co-developer.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build