Kylie Minogue Invited Back to ‘Neighbours’ 30th Anniversary – Report [VIDEOS]
By Anne Lu | August 13, 2014 12:11 PM EST
Kylie Minogue has reportedly been invited to return to “Neighbours.” The pop princess may be a part of the 30th anniversary of the Aussie soap.
The 46-year-old star famously played Charlene Mitchell in the TV show from 1986 to 1988, winning her a Logie Award for Most Popular Actress.
KYLIE MINOGUE: Australian pop star Kylie Minogue, 44, was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2005 and went through surgery and chemotherapy. Her 2006 "Showgirl Homecoming Tour" represented her comeback from cancer.
Charlene’s wedding to Scott Robinson (Jason Donovan) in 1987 remains one of the show’s most memorable episodes to date.
With the soap’s 30th anniversary approaching, the producers are scrambling to bring back its past characters for a very special celebration.
And Kylie reportedly is on top of their list.
Kylie herself seemed excited to be back on the show. The usually stylish “The Voice Australia” judge posted a mysterious tweet in July, which the fans interpreted as a hint of her “Neighbours” return.
So.....I bought overalls today. #overalls 😳👖😁
— kylie minogue (@kylieminogue) July 24, 2014
Khaki overalls was Charlene’s uniform in the show.
Earlier in May, she also gave indication that she is willing to return to the show, if only to keep an eye on her on-screen son Daniel, played by Tim Phillipps, who was recently introduced in the show.
“I don’t really follow the show, [but] maybe I would have to get back to it now to keep an eye on my son,” Kylie said in “The One Show.”
Anne Charleston, who played Madge Bishop, the main matriarch of Ramsay family, also fuelled the reports that Kylie will return for the special.
“The ‘Neighbours’ special thirtieth anniversary is coming up. I will probably be involved and it will go to air in March,” she told the Mirror.
“I think Kylie is on board for the special and I imagine everyone will be in on it because it’s a big occasion.
“I look on those days with fondness and there is no way in hell I’d walk away from the special because it’s a celebration and I think we should all be involved in it.”
It would be great to see Madge back in Erinsborough, but her return might just be shown in a dream sequence or flashback since she died in 2001 from cancer. Or perhaps Anne was referring to her return off-screen.
The 30th anniversary of “Neighbours” is set to air in March 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks