Kylie Minogue Invited Back to ‘Neighbours’ 30th Anniversary – Report [VIDEOS]
By Anne Lu | August 13, 2014 12:11 PM EST
Kylie Minogue has reportedly been invited to return to “Neighbours.” The pop princess may be a part of the 30th anniversary of the Aussie soap.
The 46-year-old star famously played Charlene Mitchell in the TV show from 1986 to 1988, winning her a Logie Award for Most Popular Actress.
KYLIE MINOGUE: Australian pop star Kylie Minogue, 44, was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2005 and went through surgery and chemotherapy. Her 2006 "Showgirl Homecoming Tour" represented her comeback from cancer.
Charlene’s wedding to Scott Robinson (Jason Donovan) in 1987 remains one of the show’s most memorable episodes to date.
With the soap’s 30th anniversary approaching, the producers are scrambling to bring back its past characters for a very special celebration.
And Kylie reportedly is on top of their list.
Kylie herself seemed excited to be back on the show. The usually stylish “The Voice Australia” judge posted a mysterious tweet in July, which the fans interpreted as a hint of her “Neighbours” return.
So.....I bought overalls today. #overalls 😳👖😁
— kylie minogue (@kylieminogue) July 24, 2014
Khaki overalls was Charlene’s uniform in the show.
Earlier in May, she also gave indication that she is willing to return to the show, if only to keep an eye on her on-screen son Daniel, played by Tim Phillipps, who was recently introduced in the show.
“I don’t really follow the show, [but] maybe I would have to get back to it now to keep an eye on my son,” Kylie said in “The One Show.”
Anne Charleston, who played Madge Bishop, the main matriarch of Ramsay family, also fuelled the reports that Kylie will return for the special.
“The ‘Neighbours’ special thirtieth anniversary is coming up. I will probably be involved and it will go to air in March,” she told the Mirror.
“I think Kylie is on board for the special and I imagine everyone will be in on it because it’s a big occasion.
“I look on those days with fondness and there is no way in hell I’d walk away from the special because it’s a celebration and I think we should all be involved in it.”
It would be great to see Madge back in Erinsborough, but her return might just be shown in a dream sequence or flashback since she died in 2001 from cancer. Or perhaps Anne was referring to her return off-screen.
The 30th anniversary of “Neighbours” is set to air in March 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier