‘Destiny’ Shows Off Multiplayer in Trailer, The Dark Below DLC Announced for December
By Gel Galang | August 13, 2014 12:01 PM EST
Bungie has finally unveiled more details on Crucible for "Destiny" which is basically the competitive multiplayer of the title.
Gamers play a game by Bungie Inc. at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California, June 10, 2014.
"Hone your skills against other Guardians in arenas that span the solar system. Victory will earn you special armor, weapons and gear that you can take with you into every single mode of play," Bungie said over at the official Web site.
It was also revealed during Gamescom that Destiny has become the most preordered game according to Gamestop. Hardcore Gamer reports that this comes after preorders of the special editions had to be canceled due to the shortage of stock.
'Destiny's' Multiplayer Showcased in Trailer, More Details
GameSpot details a few more mechanics that come with some of the modes, as revealed by the developer.
So far, a number of the leaked game modes have been confirmed to debut with "Destiny," and those who have already gone through the beta run of the game already know some of them.
Senior designer Derek Caroll and head of community Eric Osborne shared a few more info on what's coming with the other modes, starting with Clash, which is a six on six deathmatch. The "Destiny" modes have their own specific flavor, as in Rumble, which is a less vigorous game than the previous deathmatch, where you also have a six-against-six match.
There are also modes with fewer players, as in Skirmish, a three-on-three experience where revives are allowed and teammates can respawn, making coordination a top priority.
Basically, the data mining and trial run of the beta has been a great help, and though Bungie acknowledges that there has been no event that put the build in a fit, continued collaboration with the players can be a sword for progress as well as a possibility for negative surprise.
'The Dark Below' Coming to 'Destiny'
As if the holidays are not yet packed with new games and titles debuting on the different consoles and platforms, Bungie has revealed the first expansion coming to its hit title "Destiny."
According to VG 24/7, Eric Hirschberg of Activision announced via Sony's Gamescom presentation that it will be bringing in "The Dark Below" come December 2014 to all of its platforms. That means that in just three months after the game is released on Sept. 9, 2014, players will already get a chance to dive into new content.
The trailer, revealed during Gamescom, reportedly features the modes, confirming some of the rumoured ones pre-event. These include Skirmish, Salvage, Clash, Control, Rumble, Combined Arms and the time-limited event during the beta run, Iron Banner.
Eurogamer adds that there are two more expansions in store, and had already revealed on titled "House of Wolves." The new maps will feature more co-op adventures, and for PS4 and PS3 players, all of the DLC add-ons will have something of a timed-exclusive content.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS