‘Destiny’ Shows Off Multiplayer in Trailer, The Dark Below DLC Announced for December
By Gel Galang | August 13, 2014 12:01 PM EST
Bungie has finally unveiled more details on Crucible for "Destiny" which is basically the competitive multiplayer of the title.
Gamers play a game by Bungie Inc. at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California, June 10, 2014.
"Hone your skills against other Guardians in arenas that span the solar system. Victory will earn you special armor, weapons and gear that you can take with you into every single mode of play," Bungie said over at the official Web site.
It was also revealed during Gamescom that Destiny has become the most preordered game according to Gamestop. Hardcore Gamer reports that this comes after preorders of the special editions had to be canceled due to the shortage of stock.
'Destiny's' Multiplayer Showcased in Trailer, More Details
GameSpot details a few more mechanics that come with some of the modes, as revealed by the developer.
So far, a number of the leaked game modes have been confirmed to debut with "Destiny," and those who have already gone through the beta run of the game already know some of them.
Senior designer Derek Caroll and head of community Eric Osborne shared a few more info on what's coming with the other modes, starting with Clash, which is a six on six deathmatch. The "Destiny" modes have their own specific flavor, as in Rumble, which is a less vigorous game than the previous deathmatch, where you also have a six-against-six match.
There are also modes with fewer players, as in Skirmish, a three-on-three experience where revives are allowed and teammates can respawn, making coordination a top priority.
Basically, the data mining and trial run of the beta has been a great help, and though Bungie acknowledges that there has been no event that put the build in a fit, continued collaboration with the players can be a sword for progress as well as a possibility for negative surprise.
'The Dark Below' Coming to 'Destiny'
As if the holidays are not yet packed with new games and titles debuting on the different consoles and platforms, Bungie has revealed the first expansion coming to its hit title "Destiny."
According to VG 24/7, Eric Hirschberg of Activision announced via Sony's Gamescom presentation that it will be bringing in "The Dark Below" come December 2014 to all of its platforms. That means that in just three months after the game is released on Sept. 9, 2014, players will already get a chance to dive into new content.
The trailer, revealed during Gamescom, reportedly features the modes, confirming some of the rumoured ones pre-event. These include Skirmish, Salvage, Clash, Control, Rumble, Combined Arms and the time-limited event during the beta run, Iron Banner.
Eurogamer adds that there are two more expansions in store, and had already revealed on titled "House of Wolves." The new maps will feature more co-op adventures, and for PS4 and PS3 players, all of the DLC add-ons will have something of a timed-exclusive content.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: Master Chief’ Collection Update Detailed As ‘Halo: Nightfall’ Continues To Roll
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Details Update; New Exotic Weapons Coming And New Speculations On Free Trial
- AT&T Nexus 6 Returned To Motorola Due To Software Bug: Black Screen And Failure To Connect To Service
- Official Android 5.0 Lollipop Update For HTC One Google Play Editions Delayed Due To New Software Request
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Guide: Continuous Breeding, Must See Places And TwitchPlays Pokemon Activity
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James