‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’ Plot Details: Joss Whedon Talks ‘Avengers 2’ Tie-in With ‘Captain America: The Winter Soldier’
By jaskiran kaur | August 13, 2014 11:59 AM EST
"Avengers: Age of Ultron" is less than a year away and fans are already excited for the action-packed adventure of Marvel's superheroes. As movie's release date nears, fans can expect to learn more and more about "The Avengers" sequel. Based on latest updates, here are more details teasing the plot of Robert Downey Jr., Chris Hemsworth and Chris Evans starrer "Avengers: Age of Ultron" as revealed by director Joss Whedon.
Director Joss Whedon was in attendance at San Diego Comic-Con for a brief Q&A round and he addressed some pertinent questions related to the franchise. Fans have been anxious about how "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" will be linked with the upcoming "Avengers" movie.
"Captain America 2" ended with Steve Rogers aka Captain America leaving to search for his friend Bucky Barnes. So where do things go from here? How does Captain America get involved in "The Avengers'" new adventure?
In interview with Nerd HQ at SDCC 2014, Joss Whedon answered the very question.
"The fact is, Ultron is a clear and present danger and Bucky's in the wind," Joss Whedon told Nerd HQ.
"We do mention the fact that that's his sort of primary thing, but he's also working with The Avengers too. We're not ignoring it, but he definitely has to deal with a mad eight foot robot, because that's one of those things that you put it off and it just gets worse," Whedon explained.
Ultron is said to be one of the greatest Marvel villains of all times. To battle the villain and save the earth from his havoc, Captain America will have to return and join the team of fellow Marvel superheroes including Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver.
Last week, "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" directors Joe and Anthony Russo sat with Yahoo Movies and dished out spoilers from "Captain America 3." They revealed the third instalment "picks up 'a couple years'" after the second instalment. It is speculated that the movie will explore the nature of Steve Rogers and Bucky Barnes' relationship. The movie news site also speculates on the possibility of Captain America passing his shield to Bucky Barnes.
Meanwhile, it can be said that "Avengers: Age of Ultron" is now in its post-production stage. On Aug. 7, 2014, Joss Whedon posted a photo of him, informing millions of his Twitter followers that filming of "Avengers 2" has "wrapped."
"Avengers: Age of Ultron" sees the return of Iron Man, Thor, The Hulk, Captain America, Black Widow along with Hawkeye, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch to fight against super robot Ultron. The scheduled release date of the movie is May 1, 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS