‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’ Plot Details: Joss Whedon Talks ‘Avengers 2’ Tie-in With ‘Captain America: The Winter Soldier’
By jaskiran kaur | August 13, 2014 11:59 AM EST
"Avengers: Age of Ultron" is less than a year away and fans are already excited for the action-packed adventure of Marvel's superheroes. As movie's release date nears, fans can expect to learn more and more about "The Avengers" sequel. Based on latest updates, here are more details teasing the plot of Robert Downey Jr., Chris Hemsworth and Chris Evans starrer "Avengers: Age of Ultron" as revealed by director Joss Whedon.
Director Joss Whedon was in attendance at San Diego Comic-Con for a brief Q&A round and he addressed some pertinent questions related to the franchise. Fans have been anxious about how "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" will be linked with the upcoming "Avengers" movie.
"Captain America 2" ended with Steve Rogers aka Captain America leaving to search for his friend Bucky Barnes. So where do things go from here? How does Captain America get involved in "The Avengers'" new adventure?
In interview with Nerd HQ at SDCC 2014, Joss Whedon answered the very question.
"The fact is, Ultron is a clear and present danger and Bucky's in the wind," Joss Whedon told Nerd HQ.
"We do mention the fact that that's his sort of primary thing, but he's also working with The Avengers too. We're not ignoring it, but he definitely has to deal with a mad eight foot robot, because that's one of those things that you put it off and it just gets worse," Whedon explained.
Ultron is said to be one of the greatest Marvel villains of all times. To battle the villain and save the earth from his havoc, Captain America will have to return and join the team of fellow Marvel superheroes including Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver.
Last week, "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" directors Joe and Anthony Russo sat with Yahoo Movies and dished out spoilers from "Captain America 3." They revealed the third instalment "picks up 'a couple years'" after the second instalment. It is speculated that the movie will explore the nature of Steve Rogers and Bucky Barnes' relationship. The movie news site also speculates on the possibility of Captain America passing his shield to Bucky Barnes.
Meanwhile, it can be said that "Avengers: Age of Ultron" is now in its post-production stage. On Aug. 7, 2014, Joss Whedon posted a photo of him, informing millions of his Twitter followers that filming of "Avengers 2" has "wrapped."
"Avengers: Age of Ultron" sees the return of Iron Man, Thor, The Hulk, Captain America, Black Widow along with Hawkeye, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch to fight against super robot Ultron. The scheduled release date of the movie is May 1, 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar