Samsung Galaxy S5 vs. iPhone 5C Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | August 13, 2014 11:57 AM EST
The Samsung Galaxy S5 is slightly more expensive than the iPhone 5C. Here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
A man reacts while trying out his new Samsung Galaxy S5 in Jakarta, April 11, 2014. Samsung Electronics Co Ltd estimated that its January-March operating profit fell by 4.3 percent to 8.4 trillion won ($7.96 billion) as easing smartphone sales growth continued to weigh earnings down. REUTERS/Beawiharta
Display and Design
The Samsung Galaxy S5 comes with a 5.1-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. The iPhone 5C comes with a 4-inch LED-backlit IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 640 x 1136 pixels. The Galaxy S5 is the clear winner in this category with 432 ppi pixels display density compared to the 326 ppi pixels display density on the iPhone 5C.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 measures 142 x 72.5 x 8.1 mm and weighs 145 grams. The iPhone 5C is smaller, narrower and thinner. The device measures 124.4 x 59.2 x 9 mm and weighs 132 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Samsung Galaxy S5 is equipped with a 2.5 GHz quad core Krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801 chipset. It comes in 16 GB and 32 GB internal memory variants, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a Micro SD card.
The iPhone 5C is equipped with a 1.3 GHz dual core Swift processor and Apple A6 chipset. It comes in 8 GB, 16 GB and 32 GB internal memory variants and no Micro SD slot for additional memory.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 runs on the Android KitKat operating system and has 2 GB of RAM. The iPhone 5C runs on the iOS 7 operating system and has 1 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power the Galaxy S5 is again the clear winner.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 sports a 16 MP primary camera with phase detection autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2 MP. The iPhone 5C sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.2 MP.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 comes with a Li-Ion 2800 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 21 hours. The iPhone 5C comes with a non-removable Li-Po 1510 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 10 hours on 3G.
Price in Australia
The Samsung Galaxy S5 16 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $659.95 and the iPhone 5C 16 GB variant is priced at around AU $619.95 in Australia.
More Articles to Read
LG G3 vs. iPhone 4S Specs And Price Comparison In Australia [Read]
Samsung Galaxy K Zoom vs. Galaxy Note 2 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Holds Own Black Friday 2014 Sale As More The Dark Below Details Get Revealed
- The Pirate Bay Down In The US: TPB Crew Resolved The Routing Issues
- ‘GTA V' Title Update 1.04, Black Friday Sale And Heists DLC Release In December Possible
- Thanksgiving 2014: Five Ways To Take Better Photos With Smartphone Camera
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Will Shatter Records with 64-Bit Snapdragon, 21MP Camera and Bendable Design
- Lowe's Black Friday 2014 Deals Include Up To 40% Off On Select Major Appliances, Plus Free Shipping For Orders Of $19 Or More
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones