ISIS Recruits Children, Brainwashes Them to Kill Christians; Vatican Says Military action ‘Probably Necessary’
By Esther Tanquintic-Misa | August 13, 2014 11:55 AM EST
Terror group ISIS (Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham) are recruiting children as young as nine years old to join their organization and then condition their very young minds to kill all Christians as well as other infidels.
A member loyal to the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) waves an ISIL flag in Raqqa June 29, 2014.
Vatican, meantime, albeit begrudgingly, has said military intervention against the terrorist group is already "probably necessary."
The American strikes are "something that had to be done, otherwise the Islamic State forces could not be stopped," Archbishop Giorgio Lingua, the pope's ambassador to Baghdad, told Vatican radio.
"Military action in this moment is probably necessary," Archbishop Silvano Tomasi, the Vatican's envoy to the United Nations in Geneva, likewise told Vatican Radio.
In a new documentary released by Vice News titled 'Grooming Children for Jihad,' a van travelling along the Euphrates river in Syria was shown. Called teaching vans, the main purpose of the passengers of these vehicles is to recruit children and train them in the ways of jihad.
Children, some as young as five years old, were interviewed in the video.
"I'd like to join the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria and to kill with them," a 14-year-old said.
A 9-year old proudly declared he will soon be joining a training camp run by Islamic State. He wants to learn how to use a Kalashnikov rifle.
Asked what he will do after his training, his direct reply was "to fight the Russians... America. The infidels."
A CNN report said ISIS is recruiting young men at a rapid pace. They lure them with cars, guns, cell phones and cash money.
The militants go to information centers to distribute leaflets, videos and CDs. But the recruiting happens elsewhere, usually at mosques.
Abu Mosa, Islamic State Press Officer, explained how the boy recruits are divided. "Those under 15 go to Sharia camp to learn about their creed and religion."
Those over 16 are eligible to attend the military camp.
"For us, we believe that this generation of children is the generation of the caliphate," an unidentified fighter said in the Vice News video. "God willing, this generation will fight infidels and apostates, the Americans and their allies, God willing. The right doctrine has been implanted in these children. All of them love to fight for the sake of building the Islamic State and for the sake of God."
See the recruitment video below.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Travel Alert: Over 200 Canadians Infected with Mosquito-Borne Chikungunya Virus
- Economic Growth In US And Sub-Saharan Africa Allay 2015 Recession Fears
- Canadian Ebola Drug: Tekmira Firm Starts Limited Manufacturing of Vaccine, Available By December; Shares Up
- US Dedicates 5 Airports for Travellers From Ebola-Stricken Nations, Lawmakers Want Travel Ban
- WHO Races to Release Ebola Serum in 2 Weeks, Vaccines in January
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop