ISIS Recruits Children, Brainwashes Them to Kill Christians; Vatican Says Military action ‘Probably Necessary’
By Esther Tanquintic-Misa | August 13, 2014 11:55 AM EST
Terror group ISIS (Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham) are recruiting children as young as nine years old to join their organization and then condition their very young minds to kill all Christians as well as other infidels.
A member loyal to the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) waves an ISIL flag in Raqqa June 29, 2014.
Vatican, meantime, albeit begrudgingly, has said military intervention against the terrorist group is already "probably necessary."
The American strikes are "something that had to be done, otherwise the Islamic State forces could not be stopped," Archbishop Giorgio Lingua, the pope's ambassador to Baghdad, told Vatican radio.
"Military action in this moment is probably necessary," Archbishop Silvano Tomasi, the Vatican's envoy to the United Nations in Geneva, likewise told Vatican Radio.
In a new documentary released by Vice News titled 'Grooming Children for Jihad,' a van travelling along the Euphrates river in Syria was shown. Called teaching vans, the main purpose of the passengers of these vehicles is to recruit children and train them in the ways of jihad.
Children, some as young as five years old, were interviewed in the video.
"I'd like to join the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria and to kill with them," a 14-year-old said.
A 9-year old proudly declared he will soon be joining a training camp run by Islamic State. He wants to learn how to use a Kalashnikov rifle.
Asked what he will do after his training, his direct reply was "to fight the Russians... America. The infidels."
A CNN report said ISIS is recruiting young men at a rapid pace. They lure them with cars, guns, cell phones and cash money.
The militants go to information centers to distribute leaflets, videos and CDs. But the recruiting happens elsewhere, usually at mosques.
Abu Mosa, Islamic State Press Officer, explained how the boy recruits are divided. "Those under 15 go to Sharia camp to learn about their creed and religion."
Those over 16 are eligible to attend the military camp.
"For us, we believe that this generation of children is the generation of the caliphate," an unidentified fighter said in the Vice News video. "God willing, this generation will fight infidels and apostates, the Americans and their allies, God willing. The right doctrine has been implanted in these children. All of them love to fight for the sake of building the Islamic State and for the sake of God."
See the recruitment video below.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money