ISIS Recruits Children, Brainwashes Them to Kill Christians; Vatican Says Military action ‘Probably Necessary’
By Esther Tanquintic-Misa | August 13, 2014 11:55 AM EST
Terror group ISIS (Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham) are recruiting children as young as nine years old to join their organization and then condition their very young minds to kill all Christians as well as other infidels.
A member loyal to the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) waves an ISIL flag in Raqqa June 29, 2014.
Vatican, meantime, albeit begrudgingly, has said military intervention against the terrorist group is already "probably necessary."
The American strikes are "something that had to be done, otherwise the Islamic State forces could not be stopped," Archbishop Giorgio Lingua, the pope's ambassador to Baghdad, told Vatican radio.
"Military action in this moment is probably necessary," Archbishop Silvano Tomasi, the Vatican's envoy to the United Nations in Geneva, likewise told Vatican Radio.
In a new documentary released by Vice News titled 'Grooming Children for Jihad,' a van travelling along the Euphrates river in Syria was shown. Called teaching vans, the main purpose of the passengers of these vehicles is to recruit children and train them in the ways of jihad.
Children, some as young as five years old, were interviewed in the video.
"I'd like to join the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria and to kill with them," a 14-year-old said.
A 9-year old proudly declared he will soon be joining a training camp run by Islamic State. He wants to learn how to use a Kalashnikov rifle.
Asked what he will do after his training, his direct reply was "to fight the Russians... America. The infidels."
A CNN report said ISIS is recruiting young men at a rapid pace. They lure them with cars, guns, cell phones and cash money.
The militants go to information centers to distribute leaflets, videos and CDs. But the recruiting happens elsewhere, usually at mosques.
Abu Mosa, Islamic State Press Officer, explained how the boy recruits are divided. "Those under 15 go to Sharia camp to learn about their creed and religion."
Those over 16 are eligible to attend the military camp.
"For us, we believe that this generation of children is the generation of the caliphate," an unidentified fighter said in the Vice News video. "God willing, this generation will fight infidels and apostates, the Americans and their allies, God willing. The right doctrine has been implanted in these children. All of them love to fight for the sake of building the Islamic State and for the sake of God."
See the recruitment video below.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Vatican 2014 Final Synod Report: Gays Still ‘Unwelcome’ in Catholic Church, LGBT Thankful for First Step
- New Zealand Losing $9.4 Billion Every Year to Fraud
- 5 Cities With The Highest Cost Of Living In 2014
- Family Of Ebola Nurse Patient Hires Lawyer To Clear Things Up, Refutes CDC Claims; Agency Revises Guidelines
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu