Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Purchase $20 Million Mansion, Plan to Move Out of Kris Jenner's House Soon
By Christine Jane Caparras | August 13, 2014 11:07 AM EST
Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are finally taking real steps towards moving out of Kris Jenner's house and into a home of their own after reports confirmed that the celebrity power couple have set their sights on a new $20 million home.
TV personality Kim Kardashian and rapper Kanye West arrive at a fashion designer workshop in Paris May 21, 2014.
"Kimye" have reportedly opened escrow in a new home that they intend to move into and finally call their family home after crashing the Jenner home for over a year.
In an interview on "Jimmy Kimmel LIVE!" last weekend, Kim confessed that she and her small family composed of new husband Kanye West and baby daughter North are all still shacking up at her mom Kris Jenner's house in Calabasas, California. She then went on to say on air that they will be moving out of the Jenner home and into their own digs soon.
As seen in past episodes of "Keeping Up with the Kardashians," Kim moved in with Kris when she found out that she was pregnant. She put her own house on sale and she and Kanye purchased an $11 million Bel-Air Mansion which they intended to renovate according to their taste and to make it more baby-friendly. All this happened over a year ago and the couple have since married and baby North is now a year old. The renovations have not been finished and the couple have now changed their plans.
The new home is reportedly in the same neighbourhood as the Jenner house and sits on 3.5 acres of land. E! Online reports that the new home boasts two each of several amenities such as swimming pools, spas and barbecue centres! Another key feature of the new home is that it has its own vineyard!
While renovations for the Bel-Air Mansion have yet to be completed, the pair reportedly intends to flip it and sell it for a profit instead of moving into it like they had originally planned.
Once the small family moves out, Kris Jenner will once again be left with an empty nest with only her teenage daughter Kylie to keep her company. Ex-husband Bruce Jenner with whom she previously shared the home has last year moved into his own bachelor pad in Malibu while her other daughter Kendall has also recently moved out of the family home and into her own apartment.
In what seems to be a game of musical chairs of Kardashian homes, Kourtney and Scott have also just recently bought a dream Mansion but are currently staying in a rental home in The Hamptons while they are filming "Kourtney and Khloe Take Miami." Khloe meanwhile, has sold her and Lamar Odom's home and has temporarily moved into Rob Kardashian's townhouse but is at present also in The Hamptons for filming.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon