Sony Xperia Z2 Survives Unintentional Torture Test Under Salt Water for 6 Weeks Like a Pro
By Pavithra Rathinavel | August 13, 2014 10:53 AM EST
Sony Xperia Z2 is one of the killer flagship smartphones of 2014 that comes with terrific features and phenomenal under the hood performance. Furthermore, Sony can easily be called as the pioneer in introducing handsets with water-resistant exterior. Unintentionally, the Xperia Z2 was put through torture test under water and the results might surprise the readers.
A receptionist speaks on a phone under a Sony Corp logo at the company's headquarters in Tokyo, in this file picture taken February 6, 2014. Sponsors Adidas, Sony, Visa and Coca-Cola on June 8, 2014 called on soccer's rulers to deal thoroughly with allegations of bribery to secure the 2022 World Cup for Qatar, an issue overshadowing this week's kickoff in Brazil.
Sony introduced its Xperia Z in 2013 with water-resistant exterior, followed by Xperia Z2 in 2014 that can endure a 5 feet submersion in fresh water for up to 30 minutes in theory. However, Alexander Maxén from Sweden has a different story to share, according to Xperia Blog.
During vacation, Alexander wanted to enjoy water-skiing; hence he left his Sony Xperia handset on the boat's seat. Due to unruly waves, as expected the handset fell into the sea. The sea bed pertaining to that particular area was approximately 10 meters deep.
Upon reaching the ground, Alexander tried calling the Xperia handset which is still seated under water. To his surprise, the Xperia Z2 was ringing continuously under water. After six weeks, Alexander's friend went to the same diving area and recovered the Xperia Z2 hale and hearty.
Although, the glass had broken and the battery was emptied the phone came back to life once charged. Alexander was able to make phone calls immediately after charging. A happy man that he is, Alexander did not try to fix the relatively damaged phone. Instead, he kept the Xperia Z2 handset as a souvenir for the six weeks sojourn it endured under salt water. Interested readers can check out the now-famous yet damaged Xperia Z2 handset from Xperia Blog.
For readers who are interested in buying this incredible handset, here are the key specifications of the Sony Xperia Z2.
The Xperia Z2 features a 5.2-inch IPS LCD display with 1,080 x 1,920 pixels screen resolution and 424 ppi pixel density. The handset is powered by a superior quad-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 801) Krait 400 processor, clocked at 2.3 GHz and a killer 3 GB of RAM. In addition, the handset runs on Android OS v4.4.2 KitKat OS.
When it comes to memory, the Sony handset offers 16 GB of internal storage and microSD slot support for expansion up to 128 GB. Furthermore, the smartphone houses a one-of-a-kind 20.7 MP rear-facing camera unit with LED flash and a 2.2 MP shooter in the front. Also, the device is backed by a non-removable but solid Li-Po 3200 mAh battery unit.
2. Motorola Moto X+1 Release Date Pegged for Sept. 25 - [Read]
3. Nokia Lumia 530 (Dual-Sim) vs. Nokia XL (Dual-Sim) - Specifications, Features and Price Showdown - [Read]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border
- iPhone 6 Survives Drop, Both Accidental & Intentional