Robin Williams Update: Actor Hanged Himself Using Belt, Toxicology Results in 2-6 Weeks
By Riza Ornos | August 13, 2014 10:43 AM EST
Found dead at his California home yesterday, Robin Williams died due to asphyxia from hanging himself according to the police reports. Confirming a day after the comedian's death, the Marin County Sheriff's office revealed that he used a belt to hang himself and has "acute superficial" cuts on his wrists, with a pocket blade found near his body.
Based on forensic examination, there is no evidence or signs of a struggle but still waiting for toxicology results to confirm everything since the actor suffered from substance abuse and depression. Grieving fans and family have to wait for about 2-6 weeks for toxicology report, based on a police statement.
It's hard to believe that a man so outwardly successful, loved and admired by the world has taken his own life. Died at the age of 63, Williams' body was found in the morning of Aug. 11 by his personal assistant, and called 911 at approximately 11:55 A.M.
The police arrived at the scene at 12:00 P.M. and was pronounced dead by firefighters from Tiburon Fire Department at 12:02. The actor was last seen alive with his wife, Susan Schneider, at 10:30 P.M. Sunday, Aug. 11, when she went to bed and left their home while the actor is still asleep. William's personal assistant became suspicious when he failed to respond to knocks.
"At that time the personal assistant was able to gain access to Mr. Williams' bedroom and entered the bed room to find Mr. Williams clothed in a seated position, unresponsive, and with a belt secured around his neck with the other end of the belt wedged between the closed closet door and door frame," according to a statement of Lieutenant Keith Boyd of the Marin County Sheriff's Office.
Schneider released a statement yesterday to announce her husband's death, and wishes that all his fans and friends will not focus on his death but on his memories and joy that he gave throughout his acting career. For now the family is asking the public to honor their privacy as they grieve for the sudden and tragic loss.
Still an active investigation on the cause, manner and circumstances of the actor's death, the Sheriff's department will not certify the Williams' death until they will have the conclusion of the investigation. A press release will be scheduled once they concluded their investigation and with the final results of the toxicology.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 11 Premiere (Episode 1) Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘I Must Have Lost It On The Wind'
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design