Robin Williams Update: Actor Hanged Himself Using Belt, Toxicology Results in 2-6 Weeks
By Riza Ornos | August 13, 2014 10:43 AM EST
Found dead at his California home yesterday, Robin Williams died due to asphyxia from hanging himself according to the police reports. Confirming a day after the comedian's death, the Marin County Sheriff's office revealed that he used a belt to hang himself and has "acute superficial" cuts on his wrists, with a pocket blade found near his body.
Based on forensic examination, there is no evidence or signs of a struggle but still waiting for toxicology results to confirm everything since the actor suffered from substance abuse and depression. Grieving fans and family have to wait for about 2-6 weeks for toxicology report, based on a police statement.
It's hard to believe that a man so outwardly successful, loved and admired by the world has taken his own life. Died at the age of 63, Williams' body was found in the morning of Aug. 11 by his personal assistant, and called 911 at approximately 11:55 A.M.
The police arrived at the scene at 12:00 P.M. and was pronounced dead by firefighters from Tiburon Fire Department at 12:02. The actor was last seen alive with his wife, Susan Schneider, at 10:30 P.M. Sunday, Aug. 11, when she went to bed and left their home while the actor is still asleep. William's personal assistant became suspicious when he failed to respond to knocks.
"At that time the personal assistant was able to gain access to Mr. Williams' bedroom and entered the bed room to find Mr. Williams clothed in a seated position, unresponsive, and with a belt secured around his neck with the other end of the belt wedged between the closed closet door and door frame," according to a statement of Lieutenant Keith Boyd of the Marin County Sheriff's Office.
Schneider released a statement yesterday to announce her husband's death, and wishes that all his fans and friends will not focus on his death but on his memories and joy that he gave throughout his acting career. For now the family is asking the public to honor their privacy as they grieve for the sudden and tragic loss.
Still an active investigation on the cause, manner and circumstances of the actor's death, the Sheriff's department will not certify the Williams' death until they will have the conclusion of the investigation. A press release will be scheduled once they concluded their investigation and with the final results of the toxicology.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 4: San Francisco Giants 11, Kansas City Royals 4 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]