PS4 at Gamescom 2014: Announcements for DayZ, Until Dawn and inFamous First Light
By Gel Galang | August 13, 2014 10:35 AM EST
Gamescom has confirmed quite a handful of games for the PS4, with the first and awaited being the arrival of survival zombie game "DayZ" to Sony's next-gen console.
A man plays a video game on Sony Corp's PlayStation 4 console at its showroom in Tokyo July 16, 2014. Japan's Sony Corp is hammering out plans to rise from the ashes of nearly $10 billion lost in six years by building a future around its last consumer electronics blockbuster - the PlayStation. Sony plans to reposition the video console warhorse as a hub for a network of streamed services, according to three senior officials, offering social media, movies and music as well as games. The executives spoke to Reuters on condition they not be named because the matters are still in early stages of discussion. Picture taken July 16, 2014.
Dean Hall, creator of "DayZ" only went so far as to announce the game coming to the PS4, with no details or a release date. And even though Xbox One was not in the announcement, GameSpot reports that there was no mention of exclusivity, so it may only be a later release date for the other console.
It seems that "DayZ" on the PS4 is not just a port of the PC version but rather one that will take into consideration the strengths of the PS4. It will be interesting to see where Hall and the developers will take "DayZ" on the PS4, and how it will affect gameplay while putting the spotlight on some of the favoured features of the console.
'Until Dawn' Confirmed with Screenshots
There has been a lot of activity over at Supermassive Games, and it seems that "Until Dawn" has come a long way from what it was when it was first revealed two years ago, also at Gamescom.
The first noticeable thing is the shift from first-person to third-person, which now allows you to take in the details and scenes in a better manner. Since the game has been re-design and re-written, it's also using an updated engine, allowing for very realistic and cutting-edge animation--as can be seen in the screenshots alone.
Overall, the experience with "Until Dawn," a horror title that's already terrifying given its story, voice acting and premise, but also now made even more optimized for the PS4. Check out the trailer below courtesy of PlayStation Blog.
Screens and a Trailer Out for 'inFamous First Light'
The standalone expansion to the celebrated "inFamous: Second Son" has been showcased once more at Gamescom, this time with more details and screens.
Those who preferred Abigail "Fetch" Walker as a character can actually play as her in this origin story, where fans can explore her past after being captured by the D.U.P.
Coming with "inFamous First Light' is a new feature, wherein Battle Arenas will be replayable featuring a worldwide leader board support. For those who already have "Second Son," Delsin can also be played in these Battle Arenas.
The expansion will introduce more characters such as Brent and Shane, as well as explore Seattle using Fetch's unique powers. Check out the screens and trailer over at the PlayStation Blog. And if you're already interested in getting inFamous First Light," preorders will get the D.U.P. Fetch.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible---Report
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Updates; PokeNav And Pokemon Halloween Detailed
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity