PS4 at Gamescom 2014: Announcements for DayZ, Until Dawn and inFamous First Light
By Gel Galang | August 13, 2014 10:35 AM EST
Gamescom has confirmed quite a handful of games for the PS4, with the first and awaited being the arrival of survival zombie game "DayZ" to Sony's next-gen console.
A man plays a video game on Sony Corp's PlayStation 4 console at its showroom in Tokyo July 16, 2014. Japan's Sony Corp is hammering out plans to rise from the ashes of nearly $10 billion lost in six years by building a future around its last consumer electronics blockbuster - the PlayStation. Sony plans to reposition the video console warhorse as a hub for a network of streamed services, according to three senior officials, offering social media, movies and music as well as games. The executives spoke to Reuters on condition they not be named because the matters are still in early stages of discussion. Picture taken July 16, 2014.
Dean Hall, creator of "DayZ" only went so far as to announce the game coming to the PS4, with no details or a release date. And even though Xbox One was not in the announcement, GameSpot reports that there was no mention of exclusivity, so it may only be a later release date for the other console.
It seems that "DayZ" on the PS4 is not just a port of the PC version but rather one that will take into consideration the strengths of the PS4. It will be interesting to see where Hall and the developers will take "DayZ" on the PS4, and how it will affect gameplay while putting the spotlight on some of the favoured features of the console.
'Until Dawn' Confirmed with Screenshots
There has been a lot of activity over at Supermassive Games, and it seems that "Until Dawn" has come a long way from what it was when it was first revealed two years ago, also at Gamescom.
The first noticeable thing is the shift from first-person to third-person, which now allows you to take in the details and scenes in a better manner. Since the game has been re-design and re-written, it's also using an updated engine, allowing for very realistic and cutting-edge animation--as can be seen in the screenshots alone.
Overall, the experience with "Until Dawn," a horror title that's already terrifying given its story, voice acting and premise, but also now made even more optimized for the PS4. Check out the trailer below courtesy of PlayStation Blog.
Screens and a Trailer Out for 'inFamous First Light'
The standalone expansion to the celebrated "inFamous: Second Son" has been showcased once more at Gamescom, this time with more details and screens.
Those who preferred Abigail "Fetch" Walker as a character can actually play as her in this origin story, where fans can explore her past after being captured by the D.U.P.
Coming with "inFamous First Light' is a new feature, wherein Battle Arenas will be replayable featuring a worldwide leader board support. For those who already have "Second Son," Delsin can also be played in these Battle Arenas.
The expansion will introduce more characters such as Brent and Shane, as well as explore Seattle using Fetch's unique powers. Check out the screens and trailer over at the PlayStation Blog. And if you're already interested in getting inFamous First Light," preorders will get the D.U.P. Fetch.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports