Upcoming HTC One M8 Max (aka M8 Prime) Phablet with Snapdragon 805 Processor to Compete with Galaxy Note 4 [Watch Video]
By Pavithra Rathinavel | August 13, 2014 10:02 AM EST
The upcoming HTC One M8 Max will be a metal-clad phablet. Furthermore, the device will come with better specifications and features than the predecessor. It is worth noting that, even though the 2013 One Max phablet comes with a 5.9-inch killer display, the handset is powered by a not-so-impressive Snapdragon 600 processor, according to GSM Arena.
However, the next-generation One M8 Max will reportedly feature a display that is higher than the 5.5-inch panel. More importantly, the upcoming device will be powered by a superior Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 processor. This means, the One M8 Max (or One M8 Prime) will be able to give tough competition to the upcoming Samsung Galaxy Note 4 phablet with a launch date set in September.
In the hindsight, the 2013 HTC One Max phablet did not get the expected traction from the phablet market owing to the unshakable fact that Samsung's Note series of phablets reined this arena. The upcoming device will reportedly sashay aluminum exterior, which is synonymous with HTC's high-end devices. The interesting coupling of premium look and the killer under the hood performance of the 805 chipset have the potential to place HTC One M8 Max alongside Samsung's counterparts.
Other rumoured specifications of the HTC One M8 Prime based on earlier reports include Quad HD 1440 x 2560 pixels screen resolution in combination with 534 ppi pixel density. The device is expected to come equipped with a powerful 3 GB of RAM. In addition, the phone will come with 16 GB and 32 GB of in-built storage capacity with microSD card for expansion up to 128 GB.
Last but not least, the not-so-impressive fingerprint scanner seen in the predecessor will not be present in the successor HTC One M8 Max, confirms TK Tech News. Nevertheless, HTC has not confirmed any of the above information thus far.
Interested readers should check out the following video of HTC One M8 Max. [Source: TK Tech News]
What do you think of HTC One M8 Prime phablet? Will HTC be able to give tough competition to Samsung? Feel free to leave a comment.
2. Motorola Moto X+1 Release Date Pegged for Sept. 25 - [Read]
3. Nokia Lumia 530 (Dual-Sim) vs. Nokia XL (Dual-Sim) - Specifications, Features and Price Showdown - [Read]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan