MH17: Terrorist Attack Aimed At Aeroflot Flight 2074
By Athena Yenko | August 13, 2014 9:58 AM EST
The terrorist attack that has mistakenly shot down the MH17 was originally aimed at downing Aeroflot Flight 2074.
The attack that downed MH17 was planned and was intended for the Russian troops to have valid reasons in entering Ukraine. However, the original target was Aeroflot civil aircraft, AFL-2074 Moscow-Larnaca and not MH17, a report from the Security Service of Ukraine said.
An armed pro-Russian separatist (foreground) guards a crash site of the Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17 near the village of Hrabove (Grabovo), Donetsk region July 24, 2014.
The report quoted Head of the Security Service of Ukraine Mr. Valentyn Nalyvaichenko saying that "the crime was planned as a ground for bringing of Russian troops into Ukraine, that is - CASUS BELLI for the Russian military invasion."
According to the report, official Ukrainian data revealed that both MH17 and AFL-2074 were both flying over the territory of Ukraine.
"At 16:09 in the area of Novomykolaivka town the routes of the mentioned flights crossed. It is worth noting that the flight specifications of the aircrafts were almost identical - the Malaysian aircraft flew at a height of 10,100 m at a speed 909 km/h, while the Russian one - at a height of 10,600 m at a speed 768 km/h," the data revealed.
The terrorists then shot down MH17 at 16:20 from the area of 'Pervomaiske' village, north-east from Donetsk, near the town of Torez, and crashed near Grabove, Donetsk region.
As most of the terrorists were mostly not locals, there was a misinterpretation about two villages that were both named Pervomaiskoe' village, Nalyvaichenko outlined.
"The odd route of the 'Buk' missile system on the territory of Ukraine proves that fact. The system crossed the Russia-Ukraine border in Luhansk region, then was deployed westward to Donetsk and moved back to the border between Donetsk and Luhansk regions afterwards," Nalyvaichenko explained.
If the terrorists made it to the correct location, that is west from Donetsk where the other Pervomaiskoe' village was to be found, they would have shot down AFL-2074 and killed Russian citizens who were travelling with their children - Russia would have got all valid reason to send troops to Ukraine, the report said.
Meanwhile, investigations being conducted by Australia and Netherlands will continue when both countries deemed it is already safe for the authorities to come back to the crash site.
Speaking at a press conference at The Hague, Prime Minister Tony Abbott and Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte assured that investigations will resume.
Mr Abbott said that even with the operation being suspended, the investigation is not finished.
Mr Rutte said the same adding that both Australia and the Netherlands are not stopping and are very much committed to the task.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Chinese Teen Offers Sex To Men In Every Place She Travels To
- ‘Male Pilots Use Sexually Explicit Photos to Express Misogyny,’ Air Canada Pilot
- Flight Grounded At New Zealand's Christchurch After Detecting Passengers With Contagious Norovirus
- Chinese Teen Offering Sex For Travel Is Fake, A Promotional Campaign For Hooking Up App
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles