Top 10 Work From Home Jobs That Pay A Lot
By Janice Somosot | August 12, 2014 11:59 PM EST
It's 2014 and a lot of unconventional jobs have already been accepted by most people, including being a blogger or becoming a reality star like Kim Kardashian. Unfortunately, this doesn't include work from home jobs which are still not taken seriously by some people. They even think that these types of telecommuting jobs are not legitimate, are fly-by-night operations or are scams. Or, if they are real, then they just assume that these jobs pay so low that it can't be depended on as one's only source of income. However, that's not usually the case for all work from home jobs. According to FlexJobs and PayScale, some can work from home and earn tons of money. Read on for the Top 10 work from home jobs that pay a lot.
Bruce Campbell sits on his futon bed while using a laptop in his Boeing 727 home in the woods outside the suburbs of Portland, Oregon May 21, 2014. In 1999, the former electrical engineer had a vision: To save retired jetliners from becoming scrap metal by reusing them. Campbell, 64, is one of a small number of people worldwide who have transformed retired aircraft into a living space or other creative project, although a spokesman for the Aircraft Fleet Recycling Association was unable to say precisely how many planes are re-used this way. Picture taken May 21.
PayScale, a company that specializes in cloud compensation software and data for individuals and businesses reportedly teamed up with FlexJobs to research about full time, work at home jobs (past and present) to learn which ones pay the highest.
The two companies found out that the following positions are the Top 10 work from home jobs that pay a lot.
1. Medical Director - $219,100
2. Chief Executive Officer (CEO) - $199,300
3. Vice President Marketing - $164,200
4. Chief Operations Officer (COO) - $152,800
5. Regional Vice President - $149,500
6. Chief Financial Officer (CFO) - $139,200
7. Government Affairs Director - $112,300
8. Director of Business Operations - $109,100
9. Senior Business Analyst - $92,000
10. Director of Education - $68,300
This list of Top 10 work from home jobs that pay a lot are based on executives at small and midsize businesses, usually with less than 1,000 employees.
In the FlexJobs blog, Katie Bardaro, the Director of Analytics for PayScale spoke about how working from home is almost standard for the positions mentioned on the list above, especially in today's business set-up where most coworkers, clients and customers are scattered around the globe. She also highlighted the importance of technology, particularly video conferencing and email for these types of telecommuting jobs.
Moreover, Global Workplace Analytics reported that the number of people who work from home will increase by 21 percent by the time 2016 arrives. And, they will be well compensated for it. Keep reading International Business Times for more news about business, technology, finance, politics, health, science, sports and entertainment.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- It Doesn’t Pay To Be A Whistleblower In Australia, Especially If Subject Of Expose Is PM’s Daughter
- 5 Disney Movies That Are Actually Scary In The Original Books
- 5 Uncanny Sports That Had Actually Been Part Of The Olympics
- 5 Smartphone Apps For The Workaholic
- Ban On 'Baa Baa Black Sheep' Among Kinders For Political Correctness
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS