Samsung Galaxy K Zoom vs. Galaxy Note 2 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | August 12, 2014 6:59 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the Samsung Galaxy K Zoom or the Galaxy Note 2, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
A Samsung Galaxy Note II phone-cum-tablet is displayed during the first day of the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas January 8, 2013.
Display and Design
The Samsung Galaxy K Zoom comes with a 4.8-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. The Galaxy Note 2 comes with a 5.5-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels.
Both devices are about the same in this category. The Samsung Galaxy K Zoom has 306 ppi pixel display density compared to the 267 ppi pixel display density on the Galaxy Note 2.
The Samsung Galaxy K Zoom measures 137.5 x 70.8 x 20.2 mm and weighs 200 grams. The Galaxy Note 2 is bigger, wider and thinner. The device measures 151.1 x 80.5 x 9.4 mm and weighs 182.5 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Samsung Galaxy K Zoom is equipped with a quad core 1.3 GHz Cortex A7 and dual core 1.7 GHz Cortex A15 processor and Exynos 5260 chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Galaxy Note 2 is equipped with a 1.6 GHz quad core Cortex A9 processor and Exynos 4412 Quad chipset. It comes in 16 GB, 32 GB and 64 GB internal memory variants. The first two varians can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Samsung Galaxy K Zoom runs on the Android KitKat operating system and the Galaxy Note 2 runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system, which can be upgraded to the KitKat version. Both the devices have 2 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power, both devices are about the same.
The Samsung Galaxy K Zoom sports a 20.7 MP primary camera with auto/manual focus, 10x optical zoom, optical image stabilisation and Xenon and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2 MP. The Galaxy Note 2 sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.9 MP.
The Samsung Galaxy K Zoom comes with a Li-Ion 2430 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 14 hours on 3G. The Galaxy Note 2 comes with a Li-Ion 3100 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 16 hours on 3G.
Price in Australia
The Samsung Galaxy K Zoom is priced at around AU $589.95 and the Galaxy Note 2 16 GB variant is priced at around AU $419.95 in Australia.
More Articles to Read
LG G2 Mini vs. Nexus 5 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia [Read]
Nokia Lumia 636 vs. Motorola Moto E Specs And Price Comparison In Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 4: San Francisco Giants 11, Kansas City Royals 4 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition Now Available At $699.99, Without Instalment Plan Options
- Sony Xperia Z3, Xperia Z3 Compact Gets Certified For 23.0.1.A.1.43, Xperia Z3 Dual For 23.0.F.1.82
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery