Samsung Galaxy K Zoom vs. Galaxy Note 2 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | August 12, 2014 6:59 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the Samsung Galaxy K Zoom or the Galaxy Note 2, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
A Samsung Galaxy Note II phone-cum-tablet is displayed during the first day of the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas January 8, 2013.
Display and Design
The Samsung Galaxy K Zoom comes with a 4.8-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. The Galaxy Note 2 comes with a 5.5-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels.
Both devices are about the same in this category. The Samsung Galaxy K Zoom has 306 ppi pixel display density compared to the 267 ppi pixel display density on the Galaxy Note 2.
The Samsung Galaxy K Zoom measures 137.5 x 70.8 x 20.2 mm and weighs 200 grams. The Galaxy Note 2 is bigger, wider and thinner. The device measures 151.1 x 80.5 x 9.4 mm and weighs 182.5 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Samsung Galaxy K Zoom is equipped with a quad core 1.3 GHz Cortex A7 and dual core 1.7 GHz Cortex A15 processor and Exynos 5260 chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Galaxy Note 2 is equipped with a 1.6 GHz quad core Cortex A9 processor and Exynos 4412 Quad chipset. It comes in 16 GB, 32 GB and 64 GB internal memory variants. The first two varians can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Samsung Galaxy K Zoom runs on the Android KitKat operating system and the Galaxy Note 2 runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system, which can be upgraded to the KitKat version. Both the devices have 2 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power, both devices are about the same.
The Samsung Galaxy K Zoom sports a 20.7 MP primary camera with auto/manual focus, 10x optical zoom, optical image stabilisation and Xenon and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2 MP. The Galaxy Note 2 sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.9 MP.
The Samsung Galaxy K Zoom comes with a Li-Ion 2430 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 14 hours on 3G. The Galaxy Note 2 comes with a Li-Ion 3100 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 16 hours on 3G.
Price in Australia
The Samsung Galaxy K Zoom is priced at around AU $589.95 and the Galaxy Note 2 16 GB variant is priced at around AU $419.95 in Australia.
More Articles to Read
LG G2 Mini vs. Nexus 5 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia [Read]
Nokia Lumia 636 vs. Motorola Moto E Specs And Price Comparison In Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation