The Big Bang Theory: Kaley Cuoco Talks Season 8, Leonard, Penny Wedding ‘Not’ Happening Soon
By Anshu Shrivastava | August 12, 2014 6:31 PM EST
Kaley Cuoco, who plays Penny, has said that she would like to see wedding related storylines in "The Big Bang Theory" Season 8. The penultimate episode of "The Big Bang Theory" Season 7 saw Leonard proposing to Penny and the answer was a yes. In the season finale, they were planning to move-in, together.
Cuoco, who recently negotiated a huge pay hike and signed on a new contract, has no idea about what will happen in the new season, but she hopes that Season 8 features "a lot of wedding stuff."
"I'm hoping next season will involve a lot of wedding stuff, I think that would be really fun. If I had to guess, Leonard is probably more of the planner than Penny, which would be very funny. ... Everyone's growing up a little bit," the actress said in an interview with Women's Health magazine for its September edition.
Meanwhile, the writers of "The Big Bang Theory" are not in a hurry to get Leonard and Penny married. At the Comic-Con, Steve Molaro, the showrunner of the show, revealed that they are not in a rush to show Leonard and Penny's wedding.
Entertainment Weekly quoted him as saying: "A wedding is sometime off in the future. They're not in a rush. Penny's first goal is to put the date far enough in the future so everyone knows for a fact that she's not pregnant."
Also, the season 7 finale revealed that Penny's brother is serving his time. Leonard and Penny have to wait for his release before they can plan a wedding. In one of her earlier interviews, Cuoco had said that she would like to see "Friends" alum Lisa Kudrow playing the role of Penny's mother.
Penny will be seen pursuing a new profession in Season 8. She will ditch her acting profession, and take-up a job at Bernadette's company. She will work as a pharmaceutical representative and will be earning good money, which is expected to cause a friction between Leonard and Penny.
"The Big Bang Theory" Season 8 is scheduled to premiere on September 22, 2014, with two episodes. The production has started on the new season.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage