The Big Bang Theory: Kaley Cuoco Talks Season 8, Leonard, Penny Wedding ‘Not’ Happening Soon
By Anshu Shrivastava | August 12, 2014 6:31 PM EST
Kaley Cuoco, who plays Penny, has said that she would like to see wedding related storylines in "The Big Bang Theory" Season 8. The penultimate episode of "The Big Bang Theory" Season 7 saw Leonard proposing to Penny and the answer was a yes. In the season finale, they were planning to move-in, together.
Cuoco, who recently negotiated a huge pay hike and signed on a new contract, has no idea about what will happen in the new season, but she hopes that Season 8 features "a lot of wedding stuff."
"I'm hoping next season will involve a lot of wedding stuff, I think that would be really fun. If I had to guess, Leonard is probably more of the planner than Penny, which would be very funny. ... Everyone's growing up a little bit," the actress said in an interview with Women's Health magazine for its September edition.
Meanwhile, the writers of "The Big Bang Theory" are not in a hurry to get Leonard and Penny married. At the Comic-Con, Steve Molaro, the showrunner of the show, revealed that they are not in a rush to show Leonard and Penny's wedding.
Entertainment Weekly quoted him as saying: "A wedding is sometime off in the future. They're not in a rush. Penny's first goal is to put the date far enough in the future so everyone knows for a fact that she's not pregnant."
Also, the season 7 finale revealed that Penny's brother is serving his time. Leonard and Penny have to wait for his release before they can plan a wedding. In one of her earlier interviews, Cuoco had said that she would like to see "Friends" alum Lisa Kudrow playing the role of Penny's mother.
Penny will be seen pursuing a new profession in Season 8. She will ditch her acting profession, and take-up a job at Bernadette's company. She will work as a pharmaceutical representative and will be earning good money, which is expected to cause a friction between Leonard and Penny.
"The Big Bang Theory" Season 8 is scheduled to premiere on September 22, 2014, with two episodes. The production has started on the new season.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy