5 Celebrities Who are Nailing the Selfie Trend
By Vanessa Doctor | August 12, 2014 4:40 PM EST
Because of its widespread application, the term "selfie" has been included in the Oxford dictionary. It means taking a photo of yourself by yourself. The presence of social media networks also made selfies more popular, as Hollywood stars join the bunch and share their own unique and creative selfies to thousands of fans.
1. Kim Kardashian-West
Kim Kardashian is one of the most famous selfie takers. She has 22.7 million followers on Twitter. Her account name is @KimKardashian and she constantly uploads new photos of herself in a bikini or underwear. Having the curves and a beautiful face definitely made her selfies instant favorites. In fact, the most popular Kardashian has announced that she is coming up with a coffee table book soon which contains nothing but her selfies.
Although the Canadian singer draws mixed responses from people, it is not a question that his selfies are an instant hit among his 53 million followers on Twitter. He likes taking photos of his tattoos and shirtless self online. Although some people may be criticizing his ways, he still gets the attention.
3. Miley Cyrus
Ever since Miley started sharing controversial photos of herself, her selfies started to draw more attention. Her Twitter account @MileyCyrus has over 18 million followers. She always posts photos of herself in underwear and revealing clothes, showing that she "can't be tamed".
4. Miranda Kerr
The Victoria's Secret Angel is an inspiration to moms and women everywhere to stay fit, healthy and beautiful. The Australian super model commands close to 3 million followers on Twitter. She usually takes a photo of herself in classy clothes or with her baby. Sometimes, she shows off her ripped abs and long legs by wearing a bikini.
5. Pope Francis
Although the Pope is not from Hollywood, he does have a social media account. His participation in selfies, taken by others, are always a delight to people around the world. It shows how the orthodox can comfortably blend with the new age. Fans visiting the Vatican can get lucky and take a groupie with the most important man of the Catholic Church.
Other celebrities who appear to the very good with taking selfies include Katy Perry, Beyonce and Taylor Swift, generating thousands of shares and likes almost instantly when they post on social media.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- Norman Reedus Instagrams ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Poster Featuring Rick Grimes With A Twist
- ‘Star Wars’ 7 Plot Leak: Chrome Stormtrooper Commander and Trooper May Guard The New Villain
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect