'Diablo III: Reaper of Souls' for PS4 62GB Download Size Incorrect, Confirms Blizzard Rep
By Tanya Diente | August 12, 2014 4:39 PM EST
The PS4 version for "Diablo III: Reaper of Souls-Ultimate Evil Edition" is now available for online download through the PlayStation Store. However, game enthusiasts in Europe may have doubts in purchasing the game digitally since it apparently contains a "special" package that will take the cap off the download bandwidth.
An attendee tries on the Oculus VR Inc. Rift Development Kit 2 headset at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles, California June 11, 2014. There has been a rising interest in virtual reality platforms among publishers and developers, who hope the years-old technology -- which creates a 360-degree view that immerses players in fantasy settings -- can finally become a viable platform to reverse shrinking video game industry revenues and draw a new generation of users. Picture taken June 11, 2014.
Sony Entertainment Network has listed the UK version of the third installment under a 58.4 GB file download for the PS4 platform. However, a member of NeoGAF forum named CozMick has revealed a surprising size for the game. While the U.S. download is at 26.1 GB, the European version boasts a huge 62.7 GB.
CozMick described the file size as "crazy" while another member claimed it is "criminally large." Other commentators on the forum wondered why the digital version would require such a huge download when the PC game only needed 15 GB.
Apparently, the European version for the PS4 game contains certain packages that take up most of the download size when purchased digitally.
An EU PlayStation Blog commentator named bsolar17 noticed two different file sizes when he installed his online pre-order.
"I have the store set to Italian and I noticed that there are different packages added to the Auto-Download queue after the pre-order," bsolar17 wrote.
While 20.5 GB was allotted for the download installation for the main game, there was another 37.8 GB left. It was reportedly labeled as "'Diablo III: Reaper of Souls - Ultimate Evil Edition' (Italian)."
Bsolar17 claimed both file sizes were described as "game." A Blizzard employee confirmed the "console version comes with all European languages available."
Gamespot adds the difference in the file sizes for the U.S. and the European versions are the audio files. Aside from the audio support for multiple languages, the game also contains cutscenes for all these languages.
According to the site, PlayStation blog commentators are confused with the large file. It is unclear whether players can choose which version to download. Gamespot reached out to Activision and a Blizzard representative claimed the file sizes provided for the PS4 version of "Diablo III: Reaper of Souls-Ultimate Evil Edition" are incorrect. So far, no further updates were provided.
Source: YouTube/PlayStation Access
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Sony Xperia Z3: Features On New Nexus To Match Latest Sony Phone
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report