'Diablo III: Reaper of Souls' for PS4 62GB Download Size Incorrect, Confirms Blizzard Rep
By Tanya Diente | August 12, 2014 4:39 PM EST
The PS4 version for "Diablo III: Reaper of Souls-Ultimate Evil Edition" is now available for online download through the PlayStation Store. However, game enthusiasts in Europe may have doubts in purchasing the game digitally since it apparently contains a "special" package that will take the cap off the download bandwidth.
An attendee tries on the Oculus VR Inc. Rift Development Kit 2 headset at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles, California June 11, 2014. There has been a rising interest in virtual reality platforms among publishers and developers, who hope the years-old technology -- which creates a 360-degree view that immerses players in fantasy settings -- can finally become a viable platform to reverse shrinking video game industry revenues and draw a new generation of users. Picture taken June 11, 2014.
Sony Entertainment Network has listed the UK version of the third installment under a 58.4 GB file download for the PS4 platform. However, a member of NeoGAF forum named CozMick has revealed a surprising size for the game. While the U.S. download is at 26.1 GB, the European version boasts a huge 62.7 GB.
CozMick described the file size as "crazy" while another member claimed it is "criminally large." Other commentators on the forum wondered why the digital version would require such a huge download when the PC game only needed 15 GB.
Apparently, the European version for the PS4 game contains certain packages that take up most of the download size when purchased digitally.
An EU PlayStation Blog commentator named bsolar17 noticed two different file sizes when he installed his online pre-order.
"I have the store set to Italian and I noticed that there are different packages added to the Auto-Download queue after the pre-order," bsolar17 wrote.
While 20.5 GB was allotted for the download installation for the main game, there was another 37.8 GB left. It was reportedly labeled as "'Diablo III: Reaper of Souls - Ultimate Evil Edition' (Italian)."
Bsolar17 claimed both file sizes were described as "game." A Blizzard employee confirmed the "console version comes with all European languages available."
Gamespot adds the difference in the file sizes for the U.S. and the European versions are the audio files. Aside from the audio support for multiple languages, the game also contains cutscenes for all these languages.
According to the site, PlayStation blog commentators are confused with the large file. It is unclear whether players can choose which version to download. Gamespot reached out to Activision and a Blizzard representative claimed the file sizes provided for the PS4 version of "Diablo III: Reaper of Souls-Ultimate Evil Edition" are incorrect. So far, no further updates were provided.
Source: YouTube/PlayStation Access
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- ‘Minecraft PS Vita,’ PS4 And Xbox One Updates And More On The Microsoft Deal
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition': Three Classes Confirmed—Warrior, Mage And Rogue Abilities Exposed
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Buff Emotion Changes, Pay Very Low Bills And Enable Advanced Debug For Cheats
- iPhone 6 Plus Sold Out Apple Store Crash Due to Pre-orders: Where to Place Your Orders and the Packages Offered in the US and UK
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date