'Diablo III: Reaper of Souls' for PS4 62GB Download Size Incorrect, Confirms Blizzard Rep
By Tanya Diente | August 12, 2014 4:39 PM EST
The PS4 version for "Diablo III: Reaper of Souls-Ultimate Evil Edition" is now available for online download through the PlayStation Store. However, game enthusiasts in Europe may have doubts in purchasing the game digitally since it apparently contains a "special" package that will take the cap off the download bandwidth.
An attendee tries on the Oculus VR Inc. Rift Development Kit 2 headset at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles, California June 11, 2014. There has been a rising interest in virtual reality platforms among publishers and developers, who hope the years-old technology -- which creates a 360-degree view that immerses players in fantasy settings -- can finally become a viable platform to reverse shrinking video game industry revenues and draw a new generation of users. Picture taken June 11, 2014.
Sony Entertainment Network has listed the UK version of the third installment under a 58.4 GB file download for the PS4 platform. However, a member of NeoGAF forum named CozMick has revealed a surprising size for the game. While the U.S. download is at 26.1 GB, the European version boasts a huge 62.7 GB.
CozMick described the file size as "crazy" while another member claimed it is "criminally large." Other commentators on the forum wondered why the digital version would require such a huge download when the PC game only needed 15 GB.
Apparently, the European version for the PS4 game contains certain packages that take up most of the download size when purchased digitally.
An EU PlayStation Blog commentator named bsolar17 noticed two different file sizes when he installed his online pre-order.
"I have the store set to Italian and I noticed that there are different packages added to the Auto-Download queue after the pre-order," bsolar17 wrote.
While 20.5 GB was allotted for the download installation for the main game, there was another 37.8 GB left. It was reportedly labeled as "'Diablo III: Reaper of Souls - Ultimate Evil Edition' (Italian)."
Bsolar17 claimed both file sizes were described as "game." A Blizzard employee confirmed the "console version comes with all European languages available."
Gamespot adds the difference in the file sizes for the U.S. and the European versions are the audio files. Aside from the audio support for multiple languages, the game also contains cutscenes for all these languages.
According to the site, PlayStation blog commentators are confused with the large file. It is unclear whether players can choose which version to download. Gamespot reached out to Activision and a Blizzard representative claimed the file sizes provided for the PS4 version of "Diablo III: Reaper of Souls-Ultimate Evil Edition" are incorrect. So far, no further updates were provided.
Source: YouTube/PlayStation Access
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories