It's Hard to be One Working Mom: Says Katherine Heigl [Watch Video]
By Indrani Bhattacharyya | August 12, 2014 3:44 PM EST
Actress Katherine Heigl poured her heart out on what it felt being a working mom as she features in the September issue of Good Housekeeping.
She confessed that it became really tough to maintain a work life balance after she turned a mother in 2009. She got married to with her singer, song writer husband Josh Kelley in 2007 when she was 29.
Actress Katherine Heigl poses at Variety's 4th Annual Power of Women event in Beverly Hills, California in this October 5, 2012 file photo.
While speaking to Good Housekeeping, Heigl, now 35, revealed, "I would come home angry and frustrated that I'd missed everything with my kid that day. I didn't get to wake her up from her nap, or do bath time or bedtime. I'd have to sneak into her room and kiss her when she was sleeping, hoping not to wake her up."
She felt as if her priorities were being messed up and all her energy and time went off to her work for she always believed that family should come first.
Heigl with husband Josh Kelley adopted daughter Naleigh who is now a beautiful 5 years old.
As explained to Good Housekeeping. Heigl said she adopted Naleigh from South Korea because her parents adopted her big sister Meg from there. She also revealed that she wanted her kids to grow up the way she did.
Three years after, Katherine and Josh Kelley went on to adopt another baby girl, Adalaide, from Louisiana.
"We brought her home, and right away Naleigh was like a little mommy," Heigl joyfully recalled.
It was the time when Heigl left Grey's Anatomy and decided to give some rest to her career. "Naleigh would go off to her ballet classes and other stuff, and I would sit with the baby at home," she shared. "I would read, and she would lie on my chest, and we'd lie on the couch with, like, four dogs, and watch Friday Night Lights. I found it so peaceful," she was quoted saying.
But now as her two girls are growing up fast, she has decided to go back to work in full swing.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 12 Terrifyingly Healthy Halloween Treats
- New York Doctor Tests Positive For Ebola
- Kate Middleton Back To Herself After Struggling With Hyperemesis Gravidarum
- Ebola Vaccine: Johnson & Johnson Confident Of Human Trials In January And Market Delivery in May Next Year
- Dead Heart Beats Again, Doctors Use It For Transplant – A World’s First For Australia
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports