It's Hard to be One Working Mom: Says Katherine Heigl [Watch Video]
By Indrani Bhattacharyya | August 12, 2014 3:44 PM EST
Actress Katherine Heigl poured her heart out on what it felt being a working mom as she features in the September issue of Good Housekeeping.
She confessed that it became really tough to maintain a work life balance after she turned a mother in 2009. She got married to with her singer, song writer husband Josh Kelley in 2007 when she was 29.
Actress Katherine Heigl poses at Variety's 4th Annual Power of Women event in Beverly Hills, California in this October 5, 2012 file photo.
While speaking to Good Housekeeping, Heigl, now 35, revealed, "I would come home angry and frustrated that I'd missed everything with my kid that day. I didn't get to wake her up from her nap, or do bath time or bedtime. I'd have to sneak into her room and kiss her when she was sleeping, hoping not to wake her up."
She felt as if her priorities were being messed up and all her energy and time went off to her work for she always believed that family should come first.
Heigl with husband Josh Kelley adopted daughter Naleigh who is now a beautiful 5 years old.
As explained to Good Housekeeping. Heigl said she adopted Naleigh from South Korea because her parents adopted her big sister Meg from there. She also revealed that she wanted her kids to grow up the way she did.
Three years after, Katherine and Josh Kelley went on to adopt another baby girl, Adalaide, from Louisiana.
"We brought her home, and right away Naleigh was like a little mommy," Heigl joyfully recalled.
It was the time when Heigl left Grey's Anatomy and decided to give some rest to her career. "Naleigh would go off to her ballet classes and other stuff, and I would sit with the baby at home," she shared. "I would read, and she would lie on my chest, and we'd lie on the couch with, like, four dogs, and watch Friday Night Lights. I found it so peaceful," she was quoted saying.
But now as her two girls are growing up fast, she has decided to go back to work in full swing.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Spreads Through Red Cross Vaccine - Ghana Nurse ‘Testifies’; The Truth About Red Cross
- Ebola Outbreak To Continue Until Effective Vaccine Surfaces; 120,000 Women To Die of Childbirth
- Ebola Does Not Infect But Scares Southwestern College To Evacuate Students
- Glaucoma Is The Culprit Behind Bono's Fixation For Sunglasses; Watch The Spoiler For Graham Norton Show Where Rock Star Reveals The Same
- Ebola Outbreak Blamed on Infected Bushmeat; First Family to Catch Virus Hunted Bats
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks
- U.S. Missile Shield In Europe Opens In Romania: Russia's Reservations Ignored