Rory McIlroy Forced to Change iPhone Password; Wins Second Successive Major Title at US PGA Championship
By Rachelle Corpuz | August 12, 2014 3:43 PM EST
Rory McIlroy of Northern Ireland kisses the Claret Jug after winning the British Open Championship at the Royal Liverpool Golf Club in Hoylake, northern England July 20, 2014.
According to USA Today's For The Win, Rory was having a short conversation with some of his pals at a certain clubhouse and he revealed his password by accident. A video caught Rory entering his password. The video made its way online and was shared on the video-sharing application Vine.
In the video, anyone can easily figure out the numbers that Rory had inputted on the passcode lock of his iPhone screen. Apparently, Rory had used his birthdate for his password. The professional British golfer was born on May 4, 1989.
Fortunately, Rory found out about the video and immediately changed his password in case his phone ever get lost or stolen.
Passcode changed... Now time to play some golf!— Rory Mcilroy (@McIlroyRory) August 10, 2014
Meanwhile, Rory played one of his best performances at the 2014 U.S. PGA Championship. He won the tournament at Valhalla, which has starred an all-star cast including Phil Mickelson, Ricki Fowler, and Henrik Stenson, who all trailed behind Rory.
Rory was reportedly delighted of his recent victory. "It is the most satisfying to win it in fashion and this style, it means a lot," said Rory via Fox Sports.
"It means that I know that I can do it."
According to Rory, he was particularly blissful of the fact that he came from behind and was able to come out on top of the best golf players in the world. He also expressed his happiness on Twitter.
Flying high with the team after my 4th Major victory!!! NYC here we come!! Thanks for all the support and well wishes pic.twitter.com/zK1q8xnwA8— Rory Mcilroy (@McIlroyRory) August 11, 2014
The 25-year-old four-time, who is coming off from a breakup with Danish tennis athlete Caroline Wozniacki, is currently the World No. 1. He has two major titles in 2014 including the 2014 Open Championship at Royal Liverpool and the 2014 PGA Championship at Valhalla. In addition to the two major titles that he had won, he also won his first-ever World Gold Championship at the WGC-Bridgestone Invitational at Firestone.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- Rafael Nadal Gives Li Na Flowers, A Teary Farewell At Beijing China Open
- Muslim NFL Player Husain Abdullah Penalised For Praying After Touchdown
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build