Ronda Rousey Thinks Gina Carano is a Serious Threat to Her Unbeaten Record
By Rachelle Corpuz | August 12, 2014 2:39 PM EST
Ronda Rousey, who is one of the most successful female mixed martial artists in the history of Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), thinks that Gina Carano is a serious threat to her if the two ever face in the octagon ring. The 27-year-old is well-aware that UFC president is working on getting Carano on the UFC stable, and Rousey said that the only thing she fears is "Carano's one-punch standing knockout."
Jul 5, 2014; Las Vegas, NV, USA; Ronda Rousey (red gloves) trades punches with Alexis Davis (blue gloves) during a women's bantamweight title bout at Mandalay Bay Events Center.
If a showdown between Rousey and Carano is indeed finalised, Rousey said in a recent interview with ESPN that she wants to snag the victory. However, she also admitted that her coach thinks that a Carano bout would present a "worst style matchup" for her. According to Rousey, she has no qualms about an opponent "outmuscling or catching her on the mat," but there is one thing that she fears the most, and that is a "one-punch knockout."
Rousey said that even though Carano has not fought since 2009, the skills she had when she was actively fighting are still there. Rousey added that Carano has the "best feel for distance and timing."
"She was the first girl I ever saw that had a one-punch standing knockout." said Rousey said that Carano can easily knock an opponent out with a single punch and without the need for a takedown.
For Rousey, Carano would be her toughest fight.
Rousey last fought and effortlessly whitewashed Alexis Davis in 16 seconds. She now holds the record of a 10 fight-winning streak since she turned professional in 2011. All of Rousey's wins were finishes, and only one fight went past the first round.
UFC president White has once said during a press conference in Dublin that Rousey will likely face Carano in December at the UFC 181 event at Mandalay Bay Events Center, only if Carano signs with UFC. Carano would perhaps be a top contender to the reigning UFC Women's Bantamweight Champion. A news article by Fox Sports previously reported that Cat Zingano and Bethe Correia are being considered as Rousey's next opponent. Who do you think deserves a shot at Rousey's unbeaten record?
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- WWE Update: Bray Wyatt’s Twitter Post Hints Upcoming Fight With Sting [VIDEO]
- Rafael Nadal Gives Li Na Flowers, A Teary Farewell At Beijing China Open
- Muslim NFL Player Husain Abdullah Penalised For Praying After Touchdown
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money