A Biopic on Marilyn Monroe Set to Hit Screen Soon But Who or What Killed Marilyn Still Covered With Mist
By Indrani Bhattacharyya | August 12, 2014 2:29 PM EST
Fifty-two years flew away, she is still an enigma.
She is Marilyn Monroe. Her life and death were equally fascinating and never faded away from public memory.
Her ethereal beauty enthralled the world and will continue to do so.
The sculpture "Forever Marilyn" by artist Seward Johnson is based on a scene from the movie ‘Seven Year Itch’ and will be on display until next spring.
According to the report by Deadline, A biopic on the life of Marilyn Monroe is presently being developed by Lifetime. Most likely with the title "Marilyn," the film comes from Asylum Entertainment.
"Marilyn" was written by Stephen Kronish based on the book "The Secret Life of Marilyn Monroe" which was penned down by J. Randy Taraborrelli. Laurie Collyer will be directing the film.
Marilyn died on Aug 5, 1962. Her death shrouded with mystery led to endless speculations.
Was it a suicide or murder?
As explained by Metro, the coroner’s report stated it as a probable suicide using barbiturates or depressants.
The report stated “Miss Monroe has suffered from psychiatric disturbance for a long time. On more than one occasion when disappointed or depressed, she has made a suicide attempt. On these occasions, she had been rescued. It is our opinion the same pattern was repeated except for the rescue.”
There had been lot of arguments against this theory and Marilyn’s death was believed to be a complete cover up.
According to it, no traces of pills had been found in her stomach. Police also couldn’t find any alcohol related proofs. Therefore many believe fatal dose of barbiturates was administered in her body.
And the murder theory stated that Marilyn was supposed to be in relationships with both Kennedy brothers. Once the relationships turned sour between them, allegedly threatened to go public with the secret affair.
There are also reports suggesting Marilyn was killed by Mafia.
Last but not the least, according to another speculation Marilyn got killed by her psychiatrist, Dr. Greenson.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Back To Herself After Struggling With Hyperemesis Gravidarum
- Ebola Vaccine: Johnson & Johnson Confident Of Human Trials In January And Market Delivery in May Next Year
- New York Doctor Tests Positive For Ebola
- ‘Death Sentence’ For 50,000 Australians With The Refusal Of Costly Hep C Treatment
- Dead Heart Beats Again, Doctors Use It For Transplant – A World’s First For Australia
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine