'American Horror Story: Freak Show': There's 'Magic' In Conjoined Twins Filming, Sarah Paulson Reveals Details
By Tanya Diente | August 12, 2014 1:41 PM EST
Sarah Paulson, along with the other casts of "American Horror Story: Coven" were present during the Comic Convention where they teased fans about the upcoming Season 4 of the show. A question was directed at Paulson regarding the challenge of playing conjoined twins Bette and Dot Tattler in "American Horror Story: Freak Show."
According to Comicbookresources, Paulson revealed she is not using prosthetics for the other twin's head.
"There's mystery around what we're doing and we want it to stay that way," she said.
The actress claimed "some magic is going to happen to communicate the story" of the other twin.
"But how that's going to happen is done in a way that's never really been done before," she said.
Paulson also cleared any speculation of a body or face double. "American Horror Story: Freak Show" will reportedly not cast another actress to portray the other twin.
"In a sense that no person has played a person with two heads that isn't, I think other people have done it where they've hired other actors that looked similar to them ... but this is a new thing," she said.
The actress who has been a mainstay in all seasons of "American Horror Story" revealed filming her scenes is a "very complicated situation." It requires a lot of help and she said it takes "22 people" to "work on every single shot."
Paulson also admitted that having to play Bette and Dot at the same time is the "hardest things" she's ever done. She claimed "switching between both girls without any time in between" is difficult.
But despite the challenging role the actress revealed she has a favourite among the Tattler twins. Although it's only been a week in filming she admitted she already loves Bette.
"Bett [sic] is my favorite right now. I don't know why that is ... but that for some reason feels organic to me," she said.
According to huffingtonpost Sarah Paulson initially announced her character in "American Horror Story: Freak Show" on Twitter. She posted a picture of herself with two heads and she captioned it "So excited to be playing Bette AND Dot this season. Two heads are better than one! #AHSFREAKSHOW."
In an interview with E! Paulson revealed she couldn't contain her excitement when she learned she was going to play as a conjoined twin in "American Horror Story: Freak Show." She claimed it's "exciting and totally nerve-wracking in the best way."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Episode 11 On Hold, Return Date, Title And Synopsis Of New Episode
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report