'American Horror Story: Freak Show': There's 'Magic' In Conjoined Twins Filming, Sarah Paulson Reveals Details
By Tanya Diente | August 12, 2014 1:41 PM EST
Sarah Paulson, along with the other casts of "American Horror Story: Coven" were present during the Comic Convention where they teased fans about the upcoming Season 4 of the show. A question was directed at Paulson regarding the challenge of playing conjoined twins Bette and Dot Tattler in "American Horror Story: Freak Show."
According to Comicbookresources, Paulson revealed she is not using prosthetics for the other twin's head.
"There's mystery around what we're doing and we want it to stay that way," she said.
The actress claimed "some magic is going to happen to communicate the story" of the other twin.
"But how that's going to happen is done in a way that's never really been done before," she said.
Paulson also cleared any speculation of a body or face double. "American Horror Story: Freak Show" will reportedly not cast another actress to portray the other twin.
"In a sense that no person has played a person with two heads that isn't, I think other people have done it where they've hired other actors that looked similar to them ... but this is a new thing," she said.
The actress who has been a mainstay in all seasons of "American Horror Story" revealed filming her scenes is a "very complicated situation." It requires a lot of help and she said it takes "22 people" to "work on every single shot."
Paulson also admitted that having to play Bette and Dot at the same time is the "hardest things" she's ever done. She claimed "switching between both girls without any time in between" is difficult.
But despite the challenging role the actress revealed she has a favourite among the Tattler twins. Although it's only been a week in filming she admitted she already loves Bette.
"Bett [sic] is my favorite right now. I don't know why that is ... but that for some reason feels organic to me," she said.
According to huffingtonpost Sarah Paulson initially announced her character in "American Horror Story: Freak Show" on Twitter. She posted a picture of herself with two heads and she captioned it "So excited to be playing Bette AND Dot this season. Two heads are better than one! #AHSFREAKSHOW."
In an interview with E! Paulson revealed she couldn't contain her excitement when she learned she was going to play as a conjoined twin in "American Horror Story: Freak Show." She claimed it's "exciting and totally nerve-wracking in the best way."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions