eHarmony - An App to Help you Find the Perfect Boss
August 12, 2014 1:22 PM EST
The dating site of eHarmony, which helps people to find serious and lasting relations, is taking its successful cupid algorithms to a completely different segment of prospective job hunters! A pet project of Neil Clark Warren, the founder eHarmony, this career platform of Elevated Careers by eHarmony is expected to be launched by December.
eHarmony would help the prospective candidates in finding the best employers to ensure a long lasting relation. The figures of the Bureau of Labour Statistics suggests that the typical worker in the U.S. stays with his or her employer for 4.6 years, and eHarmony wonders why that couldn't be longer. "The goal will be to help people get a job where they really belong," eHarmony founder and CEO Neil Clark Warren tells MarketWatch.
Attrition continues to be a serious problem for many industries and Elevated Careers by eHarmony is striving to pair up employees with a stable work environment where they will stick for long and be happy and more productive. It would be interesting to watch how well a dating site can fit into the role of a matchmaker for the career aspiration of the job seekers.
By ensuring better suited employees, the employers would be relieved of the tension of trained hands jumping the ship quite often. eHarmony would be charging only the employers and not the job seekers to pay for the service in the initial stage.
"Matching people for careers is about an $80 billion business," Warren says. "Matching people for marriage - while very, very important - is a $2.5 billion business. So we are looking to increase the size of our business."
The new match making service for employees the Elevated careers will match the applicants with jobs based on four main factors including the skill sets needed for the job, the cultural fit of the company, the personality traits of the direct supervisors and the traits of the colleagues with the help of a questionnaire survey for the applicants.
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brisbane Woman Performs Sex With Dog, Gets Charged With Bestiality
- Top 5 Halloween 2014 Costume Ideas For Teen Boys
- ISIS Parades 30 Sunni Tribesmen Before Shooting Them Dead In Iraqi Town
- Video Showing Woman Getting Sexually Harassed on New York Streets Goes Viral
- Early Heat Wave Breaks Records In Australia; Lighting Storms Spark Bushfires In Queensland [VIDEO]
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family