eHarmony - An App to Help you Find the Perfect Boss
August 12, 2014 1:22 PM EST
The dating site of eHarmony, which helps people to find serious and lasting relations, is taking its successful cupid algorithms to a completely different segment of prospective job hunters! A pet project of Neil Clark Warren, the founder eHarmony, this career platform of Elevated Careers by eHarmony is expected to be launched by December.
eHarmony would help the prospective candidates in finding the best employers to ensure a long lasting relation. The figures of the Bureau of Labour Statistics suggests that the typical worker in the U.S. stays with his or her employer for 4.6 years, and eHarmony wonders why that couldn't be longer. "The goal will be to help people get a job where they really belong," eHarmony founder and CEO Neil Clark Warren tells MarketWatch.
Attrition continues to be a serious problem for many industries and Elevated Careers by eHarmony is striving to pair up employees with a stable work environment where they will stick for long and be happy and more productive. It would be interesting to watch how well a dating site can fit into the role of a matchmaker for the career aspiration of the job seekers.
By ensuring better suited employees, the employers would be relieved of the tension of trained hands jumping the ship quite often. eHarmony would be charging only the employers and not the job seekers to pay for the service in the initial stage.
"Matching people for careers is about an $80 billion business," Warren says. "Matching people for marriage - while very, very important - is a $2.5 billion business. So we are looking to increase the size of our business."
The new match making service for employees the Elevated careers will match the applicants with jobs based on four main factors including the skill sets needed for the job, the cultural fit of the company, the personality traits of the direct supervisors and the traits of the colleagues with the help of a questionnaire survey for the applicants.
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Robots May Be Used to Fight Ebola in West Africa; Australian PM Admits US, UK Asked For Medical Teams
- Decades-Long Mystery of Oklahoma Lake Solved, Missing Six Bodies Identified
- Gay Community In Liberia Persecuted For Ebola; Church Leaders Call Virus 'Punishment' For Homosexuality
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS