Maria Sharapova Open to Play Mixed Doubles With Her Other Half Grigor Dimitrov
By Rachelle Corpuz | August 12, 2014 1:16 PM EST
Relationships are suckled and nurtured by having communal interests and collective experiences and Maria Sharapova sees no reason at all why she should not welcome the idea of taking part in a mixed doubles match with her beau Grigor Dimitrov.
Maria Sharapova of Russia hits a return during her women's singles tennis match against Angelique Kerber of Germany at the Wimbledon Tennis Championships, in London July 1, 2014.
During the World Tennis Association's (WTA) All-Access Hour before the Rogers Cup in Montreal, Canada, Sharapova was asked a series of questions by host Kristen Aldridge. Some of the questions were submitted by tennis enthusiasts through Vine videos and Twitter.
One fan sent a question asking if Sharapova was willing to play mixed doubles with her boyfriend top-ranked Bulgarian athlete Grigor and she was quick to answer. She said she will be up for it only if it was not a mixed doubles match in a Grand Slam tournament even though Grigor was amenable to the idea. Sharapova probably didn't want to play in a very staid contest that could up the ante and present personal crescendos that may be a little tough to take care of.
According to the Russian tennis darling, she does play with Grigor sometimes when they practice so she is certain that the experience of playing doubles with her other half would be an enjoyable one.
"We'd have fun, we do (play together) in practice occasionally but he's much better so I don't want to make myself look bad," Sharapova told Kristen Aldridge.
Meanwhile, Sharapova suffered an early exit from the Rogers Cup after losing to Spanish tennis player Carla Suarez Navarro in the third round. Sharapova lost in two out of three sets with a final score of 6-2, 4-6, 6-2. Sky Sports reported that Sharapova has committed a total of 49 errors all throughout the match.
Speaking to ESPN, Sharapova said that she "couldn't find the rhythm" ever since the match started. "I always had my back against the wall, always had to come back."
Watch Sharapova's WTA All-Access Hour Interview at the 2014 Rogers Cup.
Video courtesy: YouTube/WTA
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related