Xbox One News: Gamescom Plans And More Xbox Cloud Power Plus A Price Cut For European Countries
By Gel Galang | August 12, 2014 1:02 PM EST
An attendee uses her smartphone in front of a giant Microsoft Xbox sign at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 11, 2014.
- Gamescom 2014 Xbox Briefing (Aug 12, 2:00 p.m. CEST/8:00 a.m. EDT): All the new things and game coming to the Xbox One will be shared by the Xbox team during this event.
- Gamescom 2014 Xbox Briefing After Show (Aug 12): A lot of playthroughs for the holiday titles coming out, courtesy of Major Nelson and AceyBongos.
- The Xbox Booth at Gamescom (Aug 14 -16, 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. CEST/Aug 17, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. CEST): A show floor where all of the best titles for the Xbox One will be up for gameplay hands-on.
- Twitch Streaming from the Xbox booth: For those who can't attend the event, Microsoft will be streaming all of the happenings via Twitch.
Will There Be More For The Xbox Cloud This Time?
Since the Xbox Cloud power has been downplayed time and again after a very promising approach to the power of cloud computing, fans have wondered if all there is to it with the Xbox Cloud power is really just the dedicated servers.
However, one of Gamingbolt's predictions for reveals at Gamescom includes the possible cloud gaming discussion from Microsoft. Considering that Sony's PlayStation Now is currently still receiving flak because of its rental pricing, the site adds the Xbox One can take advantage of Gamescom 2014 to make its mark on cloud gaming.
Price Cut For Xbox One From Amazon Slashes Off €100
Just when you thought that the Xbox One could not get another price cut, Amazon Italy is now offering a very sweet deal for those who have yet to land themselves a next-gen console from Microsoft.
Italy, France and Germany are currently enjoying a discounted offer for the bundled Xbox One and Kinect 2.0, which is now sold at €399,99, a far cry from the normal €499,99 in Italy. For France, it's being sold at €450,26, while Germany has it in the middle at €439,00.
According to DualShockers, this is one of the more significant discounts offered for the Xbox One, and it's happening before Gamescom. However, it does not follow Microsoft's previous announcement that it will no longer be holding any more discounts for the Xbox One, so this may only be a move exclusive to Amazon Italy.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions