Xbox One News: Gamescom Plans And More Xbox Cloud Power Plus A Price Cut For European Countries
By Gel Galang | August 12, 2014 1:02 PM EST
An attendee uses her smartphone in front of a giant Microsoft Xbox sign at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 11, 2014.
- Gamescom 2014 Xbox Briefing (Aug 12, 2:00 p.m. CEST/8:00 a.m. EDT): All the new things and game coming to the Xbox One will be shared by the Xbox team during this event.
- Gamescom 2014 Xbox Briefing After Show (Aug 12): A lot of playthroughs for the holiday titles coming out, courtesy of Major Nelson and AceyBongos.
- The Xbox Booth at Gamescom (Aug 14 -16, 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. CEST/Aug 17, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. CEST): A show floor where all of the best titles for the Xbox One will be up for gameplay hands-on.
- Twitch Streaming from the Xbox booth: For those who can't attend the event, Microsoft will be streaming all of the happenings via Twitch.
Will There Be More For The Xbox Cloud This Time?
Since the Xbox Cloud power has been downplayed time and again after a very promising approach to the power of cloud computing, fans have wondered if all there is to it with the Xbox Cloud power is really just the dedicated servers.
However, one of Gamingbolt's predictions for reveals at Gamescom includes the possible cloud gaming discussion from Microsoft. Considering that Sony's PlayStation Now is currently still receiving flak because of its rental pricing, the site adds the Xbox One can take advantage of Gamescom 2014 to make its mark on cloud gaming.
Price Cut For Xbox One From Amazon Slashes Off €100
Just when you thought that the Xbox One could not get another price cut, Amazon Italy is now offering a very sweet deal for those who have yet to land themselves a next-gen console from Microsoft.
Italy, France and Germany are currently enjoying a discounted offer for the bundled Xbox One and Kinect 2.0, which is now sold at €399,99, a far cry from the normal €499,99 in Italy. For France, it's being sold at €450,26, while Germany has it in the middle at €439,00.
According to DualShockers, this is one of the more significant discounts offered for the Xbox One, and it's happening before Gamescom. However, it does not follow Microsoft's previous announcement that it will no longer be holding any more discounts for the Xbox One, so this may only be a move exclusive to Amazon Italy.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Motorola Droid Turbo v. Sony Xperia Z3: Camera Details, Battery Life And Durability
- ‘GTA V': 1.18 Update, Zombie DLC Release Date To Welcome Halloween
- Motorola Droid Turbo vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Apps And Services, Camera Features, Battery Life And Durability
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny' Leaks Reveal Redesigned Ships, New Armour, Sparrow Shaders
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight