Chris Algieri: Primed to Use His Full Arsenal and Secure Win Against Manny Pacquiao
By Rachelle Corpuz | August 12, 2014 12:52 PM EST
Chris Algieri will come fully prepared to make use of his full arsenal to secure his victory against eight-division world champion Manny Pacquiao on Nov. 22 in Macau. Even though Pacquiao is a heavy favourite in the upcoming fight, Algieri, who is the reigning World Boxing Organisation (WBO) light welterweight champion is confident that he has what it takes to crush and upset Pacquiao in the boxing ring.
On Aug. 11, Algieri posted a picture of him at the gym. He has been doing a lot of training to get in shape just in time for the big match in November.
In a recent interview with Boxing Scene, Algieri made it known to his critics that he is coming prepared for the fight and he will not make it easy for Pacquiao. He added that he took the fight not for the "payday" and not just to fight one of the most successful boxers of the current generation but to "win."
"I'm coming to win this fight and I'm going to be fully prepared on fight night," Algieri told Boxing Scene.
"Anyone who is looking past that fact doesn't know me and doesn't know anything about me, and that I belong to be here," Algieri added.
Algieri has plenty of time to study Pacquiao's boxing skills before the fight night but he was reportedly leaving it to his coach Tim Lane. In another interview, Algieri revealed that his coach has been watching and reviewing some of Pacquiao's fights. He said the wasn't really very passionate about watching Pacquiao's tapes because he has been watching the Filipino boxer for a long time and even admitted that he's fan of the eight-division world champion.
"I don't have to do much studying, I'd leave that to the team."
Algieri is coming from consecutive victories in 2014 against Emmanuel Taylor and Ruslan Provodnikov in February and June, respectively. Algieri scored a split decision against Taylor and a unanimous decision against Provodnikov.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions