Chris Algieri: Primed to Use His Full Arsenal and Secure Win Against Manny Pacquiao
By Rachelle Corpuz | August 12, 2014 12:52 PM EST
Chris Algieri will come fully prepared to make use of his full arsenal to secure his victory against eight-division world champion Manny Pacquiao on Nov. 22 in Macau. Even though Pacquiao is a heavy favourite in the upcoming fight, Algieri, who is the reigning World Boxing Organisation (WBO) light welterweight champion is confident that he has what it takes to crush and upset Pacquiao in the boxing ring.
On Aug. 11, Algieri posted a picture of him at the gym. He has been doing a lot of training to get in shape just in time for the big match in November.
In a recent interview with Boxing Scene, Algieri made it known to his critics that he is coming prepared for the fight and he will not make it easy for Pacquiao. He added that he took the fight not for the "payday" and not just to fight one of the most successful boxers of the current generation but to "win."
"I'm coming to win this fight and I'm going to be fully prepared on fight night," Algieri told Boxing Scene.
"Anyone who is looking past that fact doesn't know me and doesn't know anything about me, and that I belong to be here," Algieri added.
Algieri has plenty of time to study Pacquiao's boxing skills before the fight night but he was reportedly leaving it to his coach Tim Lane. In another interview, Algieri revealed that his coach has been watching and reviewing some of Pacquiao's fights. He said the wasn't really very passionate about watching Pacquiao's tapes because he has been watching the Filipino boxer for a long time and even admitted that he's fan of the eight-division world champion.
"I don't have to do much studying, I'd leave that to the team."
Algieri is coming from consecutive victories in 2014 against Emmanuel Taylor and Ruslan Provodnikov in February and June, respectively. Algieri scored a split decision against Taylor and a unanimous decision against Provodnikov.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Serena Williams Swagger Back After US Open - Mark Hodgkinson
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Evander Holyfield Says That He Didn’t Make Comments About Floyd Mayweather Fighting With Manny Pacquiao
- Guardiola Mockingly States That Man Utd Does Not Have The Means To Acquire Bayern Munich Players
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best