Michael Schumacher’s Ferraris Put Up for Auction
By Rachelle Corpuz | August 12, 2014 12:39 PM EST
A host of Formula One (F1) Ferrari modern/classic racing cars has been put up for auction. Among them are the cars that were raced by Michael Schumacher during the last few years of his stay at Scuderia.
Ferrari Formula One driver Michael Schumacher of Germany celebrates after taking the pole position at the end of the qualifying session for the Bahrain Formula One Grand Prix at the Sakhir racetrack in Manama in this March 11, 2006 file picture.
The car that has brought German racing legend Michael Schumacher to his third World Driver's Title and the first world championship for Scuderia, F1-2000, is one of the most expensive cars being sold at Monterey, California. It was the same racing car designed by South African engineer and car designer Rory Byrne, who has not only designed cars for Scuderia Ferrari but also for Benetton.
The bidding will be hosted by RM Auction which will take place on Aug. 16. As posted on RM Auction's official website, the starting bidding price for Schumacher's F1-2000 Ferrari is set to $1.75 million and it could be auctioned as much as $2.5 million.
The F1-2000 Ferrari Chassis 198 was reportedly Scuderia's spare car during the 2000 F1 season. Schumacher has raced using the car twice. The 45-year-old seven time world champion, who is currently recuperating in a rehabilitation clinic in Lausanne, Switzerland following his tragic skiing fall in December, has raced using the car at the Brazilian Grand Prix and at the Spanish Grand Prix.
In addition, the car that Schumacher and former Irish racing driver Eddie Irvine Jr. has previously piloted, 1997 Ferrari F310 B, is also being put up for sale. The F310 B Chassis 179 is being sold at $ 750,000 to $950,000. Schumacher drove the car at the Belgian Grand Prix.
RM Auction has made it easier for people who are interested to place their bid on Schumacher's Ferrari as they can do it online. Interested bidders are required to register online and present requirements such as driver's license or passport identification, bank letter of guarantee, and copy of dealer and resale tax certificates for dealers from North America region. Bidders may also bid though a phone call or with the use of a qualified representative if they will not be able to make it on the site.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS