Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds to Sign Promising Argentinean Marcos Rojo In Lieu of Sevilla Defender
By Mark Wayne Eubank | August 12, 2014 12:37 PM EST
Liverpool are after the signature of promising Sporting Lisbon defender Marcos Rojo following reports claiming that negotiations involving Sevilla's Alberto Moreno are bound to fall through.
Although he was primarily deployed in the middle of the defence for his mother club, the Argentinean international, who played almost every single minute in the World Cup for the Albicelestes, showed that he can operate on the flanks as an offensive-minded left-back.
Liverpool keen on bringing in Argentinean Marcos Rojo in lieu of Alberto Moreno
He was able to create numerous opportunities, finding the back of the net once against Nigeria, while being able to locate an open man as a left-midfielder during their opening match against Bosnia-Herzegovina.
Rojo has a suggested market value of £5million, but the hierarchy at the Estadio Jose Alvalade will be expected to demand way much more because of his scintillating performance in Brazil.
With only two years left in his contract, there is a high probability that the rumoured move will take place this summer as Sporting run the risk of cashing in at a lower premium for the former Estudiantes man.
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Chelsea FC: Thibaut Courtois Thanks Cech For Tips Following Injury Scare, Not Ready To Relinquish No. 1 Spot
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia