PS4 Games: What’s New On 'Road to Greatness' Trailer, 'Driveclub' And 'The Last Of Us' DLCs
By Gel Galang | August 12, 2014 12:28 PM EST
In celebration of the troops from the Fort Riley, Kansas, Sony has created a new video called "Salute to Our Troops" where Sony Computer Entertainment had brought the PS4 and the Road to Greatness to the 1st Infantry Division, reports DualShockers.
"Personally, when I saw the trailer roll in, I was floored. And I feel like it's probably one of the most awesome things I've seen on Fort Riley," Master Sergeant Mike Lavigne of the U.S. Army said in the video. "I'm a big time gamer and to see that kind of stuff come here to us, it's just awesome."
The event had allowed the troops to relax and enjoy, and bring them away from the reality of their surroundings. Not only were the troops exposed to a lot of PS4 games but they were also treated to Brett Eldredge singing in Fort Riley.
Check out the "Salute to Our Troops" event in the video below.
'Driveclub' Special Edition Announced
Ushering in the Gamescom announcements a day before the event, Sony has finally released the details of the awaited racing game "Driveclub."
Over at the PlayStation Blog Europe, it was announced that on Oct. 8, the "Driveclub" Special Edition will also be released in Europe. This edition will be packing in some exclusive content including the following:
- Unique artwork in a high-quality card sleeve
- Instant access to five high performance cars (McLaren P1, Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Coupe Black Series, Ferrari 458 Italia, Aston Martin v12 Vantage S and Alfa Romeo 4C)
- 2 exclusive in-game livery packs for car and club logo customisation
- 2 "Driveclub" emblem vinyl stickers.
The "Driveclub" Special Edition is already out for pre-order for €69.99.
New DLCs For 'The Last of Us" Not As Well Received
Just recently, Naughty Dog has released some new DLC add-ons for the PS4 and PS3 versions of "The Last of Us." The developer announced that all throughout August, it will be rolling out new content, starting with the Grit and Gear Bundle, which will be available for both the PS4 and the PS3. This add-on will have six items at $6.99.
There will also be an upcoming Professional Sports Bundle, featuring seven items at $7.99, as well as the Gestures bundle ($2.49) which will be a bundle of three items.
What seemed to surprise fans was the fact that these new add-ons are actually no longer a part of the season pass.
"The season pass ended a few weeks ago. The value of the season pass far exceeded $30," said Naughty Dog's Eric Monacelli over at the PlayStation Blog.
Many fans have started commenting on the announcement, most of which are voicing their complaints.
"So my Season Pass I purchased on my PS3 version has become completely irrelevant on my newly purchased PS4 version? I have thrown $60 (PS3), $20 (PS3 season pass) & $50 (PS4) ($130 total) and you still want more? You guys are insatiable," said OtterX.
"After one week you already are pushing out more DLC for the PS4 version? Is this a joke?" said honkayjeezus.
"I'm glad I didn't buy the remastered version, it's just a cash grab by Naughty Dog. I own the PS3 version and the season pass on PS3. Lame there wasn't a $10 upgrade like normal games have done in the past (ACIV, Battlefield, Madden, etc.)," said ST3ALTHY.
What do you think of the new maps, and are you getting these optional add-ons?
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- LG G4: Speculations About The Next Big Thing For 2015
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Black Friday Sale 2014, Cyber Monday Deals: Walmart’s PS4 Bundles And Discounted Games With Gold
- ‘GTA V:' 1.19 Patch, Heists DLC Release With ‘Next Major Update’ Possible—Report
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ Gets Errors Despite Patches; Devs Update Fans On Online Heists
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Update Version 1.1, Eon Ticket And Delta Episode Info Appear
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination