'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' Sequel Gets a Release Date- Details
By jaskiran kaur | August 12, 2014 11:47 AM EST
Despite unfavourable reviews, "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" managed to gross US $65 million and $97.3 million worldwide in its opening weekend. The Megan Fox starrer and Michael Bay production has now got a sequel.
Paramount Pictures and Nickelodeon Movies made the big announcement about "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2" on Aug. 10, 2014. According to Entertainment Weekly, the announcement also revealed the release date of the movie. The film will reportedly hit the theatres in less than two years on June 3, 2016.
"Launching a new take on the Turtles into the feature film world was a daunting task because as fans of them ourselves, we felt a great responsibility to ensure audiences were going to experience everything they loved about the Turtles, while also getting to see them brought to life in a way they had never been seen before," Adam Goodman, president of Paramount's Film Group said in a statement.
In his statement, Goodman admitted that the outcome of the release of the movie has "exceeded" their expectations. He even revealed that audiences' "response to the film is beyond great." In his statement, Adam Goodman notes that all this is "making it all the more fun to get started on the continuation of their story."
Furthermore, the report notes that Michael Bay will lead the project as the producer once again. The producer will be joined by "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" writers Josh Appelbaum and Andre Nemec for the movie's sequel.
TMNT expected to resurrect the "turtles'" franchise. The movie revolves around four ninja turtles and their teacher Splinter.
However, the film has received mixed reviews. Entertainment Weekly saw it as "a dismal, tedious affair" and Carrie Rickey of Philadelphia Inquirer described it as "cluttered and fleshy." There are some positive reviews, too. Dave Kehr of Chicago Tribune thinks it is "lively and funny enough to keep adults enthralled as well as kids." What do you think?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’