PS4 vs Xbox One: Halo 5: Guardians Plans for Gamescom and Updates Ryse 2
By Gel Galang | August 12, 2014 11:31 AM EST
Microsoft is gearing for quite the riot over at Gamescom in Germany for "Halo: The Master Chief Collection." If you think that you've seen what you can of the "Halo 5: Guardians" and the entire collection of the franchise in the past events like E3 2014, Microsoft is teasing that there's more for fans to see at the Cologne event.
Bonnie Ross, studio head of 343 Industries, speaks during a presentation of a new "Halo" collection which features the first four iterations of the series in one pack during the Xbox E3 Media Briefing at USC's Galen Center in Los Angeles, California June 9, 2014. Ross also made an announcement about the multiplayer beta for the upcoming "Halo 5" game during the presentation. REUTERS/Kevork Djansezian
Over at the Xbox Wire, the team at 343 Industries has revealed the planned schedule for the "Halo: The Master Chief Collection" activities for Gamescom.
- Gamescom 2014 Xbox Press Briefing (August 12, 2:00pm CEST/8:00am EDT): 343 Industries will be sharing some announcements regarding the title.
- Halo 2: Anniversary Multiplayer Hands-on: The title will be playable on a 4v4 multiplayer for Ascension and another unspecified map. This will be present in Hall 6 where walk-up gameplay runs from Wednesday to Sunday.
- Halo Stream from the Xbox Booth (Aug 13, 11:00am CEST/5:00am EDT): Personalities from 343 Industries will be livestreaming content from behind-closed-doors.
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection - Gamescom showdown: There will be a 4v4 tournament at Gamescom, which will be showcased via ESL and Twitch for attendees. A pot prize of $10,000 is up for prizes, with an ongoing qualification for four days and a grand finals showdown on August 17.
Check out the details of the tournament in the link above.
'Ryse 2' Still Possible for PS4?
When the Xbox One had been released, one of the more beautiful games that had graced the console is "Ryse: Son of Rome." After the praise, many have wondered if the game will be coming to the PS4, but being an Xbox One exclusive, PS4 fans were unable to experience Crytek's creation.
But it seems that the sequel may still be part of the PS4 game lineup, according to Crytek CEO Cevat Yerli. In a recent interview, Yerli revealed that not only is the company safe from bankruptcy, but that it has transformed to accommodate new systems financially and strategically.
As far as forward-looking for Crytek is concerned, Yerli said that they are aiming for the win-win situation, as well as the fact that they are also considering the PS4 when it comes to releasing the "Ryse 2" title.
"We can do whatever we want with it with whoever we want," said Yerli in a statement quoted by PlayStation Lifestyle.
According to the report, this was fueled by the fact that Yerli was not happy with the sales of the Xbox One where "Ryse: Son of Rome" was an exclusive offer. There are no definite decisions for the sequel yet, but the consideration for other platforms seems to be in order for the studio now.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge: Top Reasons To Upgrade From Galaxy Note 3 Or Galaxy Note 2
- Android 5.0 L November And December Rollout: Android One, Nexus, Google Play, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4
- iOS 8 Bugs: Minor, Moderate And Serious Issues Why Users Should Not Upgrade Immediately
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Updates: Meet The Leaders of Team Magma and Aqua, Trainer and His Mega Gallade
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Gay And Lesbian Pregnancy Now Available As Alternative To Adoption
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown