New Samsung Model SM-G739F Spotted in Benchmark Testing with 5.5-inch Display, Android v4.4.4 and More
By Pavithra Rathinavel | August 12, 2014 10:55 AM EST
Apart from the Galaxy Note 4 pegged for a September release, we now have a new device from Samsung spotted in GFX benchmark testing site. Going by the listed specifications against the device, the upcoming unnamed device does not feature high-end specs. Instead, the device will be a mid-range phablet.
Students walk out of Samsung Electronics' headquarters in Seoul July 7, 2014. Samsung Electronics Co Ltd on Tuesday said operating profit likely fell 24.5 percent in April-June, its lowest in two years due to slowing growth in the company's cash cow smartphone business and the strength of the South Korean won.
The unnamed device with a model number SM-G739F features a LG G3-like 5.5-inch display complimented by a screen resolution of 720 x 1,280 pixels. The device is powered by a quad-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 400) Cortex-A7 ARMv7 processor clocked at 1.6 GHz and Adreno 305 GPU for graphics, according to Phone Arena.
When it comes to memory/storage, the handset will house 1.3 GB of RAM and 12 GB of in-built storage capacity. It is worth noting that, the specifications of the handset with model number SM-G739F looks similar to the Galaxy Mega line of smartphones. Therefore, the 1.3 GB running RAM could actually mean 1.5 GB of total RAM configuration. Also, the 12 GB of native storage would translate to 16 GB of internal storage and 12 GB could be the user accessible memory after installation, according to GizBot.
In addition, the unnamed device will sport a 7 MP rear-facing camera unit with LED flash and a 2 MP front-facing shooter. The other salient camera features include autofocus, face detection, and touch focus. The cameras are equipped to record videos at 1,080 x 1,920 pixels Full HD resolution. The handset will run on Android v4.4.4 OS out-of-the-box.
However, there is no information available at this point on the unnamed device's price and availability. Also, Samsung has not confirmed the existence of this device thus far.
Samsung is on a race of its own this year with a slew of devices released thus far. The devices include the much awaited Samsung Galaxy S5, the Galaxy S5 Mini, the Galaxy K Zoom, and the Galaxy Tab S. In addition, there are a bunch of devices lined up to be released this year. This includes the Galaxy S5 Prime (aka Galaxy F, Galaxy Alpha), the Galaxy Mega 2 and the Galaxy Note 4 to name a few.
What do you think of this unnamed device? Will the device be Samsung Galaxy Mega 2? Feel free to leave a comment.
1. 5 Variants of Samsung Galaxy Alpha (aka Galaxy F, Galaxy S5 Alpha) in the Offing with Launch Date Set for Aug. 13 - [Read]
2. 5-Inch Motorola Moto G2 (aka Moto G+1) Spotted in Benchmark Testing Site; Specifications Out - [Read]
3. OnePlus OneWatch (Smartwatch) with Rounded Display, Sapphire Protection and Wireless Charging in the Offing - Tough Luck for Moto 360 - [Read]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build