Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Leaked with Retail Box and Image, Samsung Galaxy Alpha Rumoured for Wednesday Release Date
By Gel Galang | August 12, 2014 10:41 AM EST
The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 has not yet been showcased in a live image until now, as leaked images of the upcoming Note device have finally been showcased.
A woman takes pictures with Nokia's new smartphone, the Lumia 1020 with a 41-megapixel camera, after its unveiling in New York in this July 11, 2013 file photo. Finnish telecoms gear maker Nokia has good prospects for sales in Europe and North America in the coming quarters, its chief executive said on July 24, 2014, after the company posted better-than-expected quarterly results. REUTERS/Shannon Stapleton/Files
There is one notable difference in the images obtained by GSM Arena, and it may be a great feature that many are waiting for: a metallic frame. According to the report, the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 looks a lot like its predecessor, save for the metallic frame, which seem to take after the Samsung Galaxy Alpha. This is evidenced by what appears to be a plastic-like inlay in frame on the sides.
There's also the S Pen holster at the side and a microUSB 3.0 port at the bottom with the speaker grille. The image showing off the back of the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 also seems to be sporting a heart rate monitor, while the expected screen should have a 2560x1440 pixels QHD that's 5.7-inch.
IFA in Berlin is just around the corner this Sept 3, so the reveal and expected release to retail is just less than a month away from now, if rumours are to be believed.
Samsung Galaxy Alpha Rumoured with a Release Date and 64GB Version
After being spotted at a yachting event in Russia, it seems that the Samsung Galaxy Alpha is finally getting a release date.
Quoting a South Korean report, Phone Arena states that Samsung may be looking to release the Samsung Galaxy Alpha as early as Aug 13 or this Wednesday.
One can say that this is the result of rumours falling into place--from the rumoured early release date to the many sightings of leaked images that have been appearing left and right. Not to mention that the report has also touched on Samsung also building up a 64GB version of the Samsung Galaxy Alpha, considering that the release date for the iPhone 6 is also drawing close.
The reason for this is the inability to expand the storage capacity to 64GB because of the supposed metal frame.
For now, almost everything about the Samsung Galaxy Alpha's design and outer appearance has been confirmed and showcased. The only thing that could potentially surprise Samsung fans would be the insides, as there have been no confirmations at all of what the Samsung Galaxy Alpha would be running on.
As far as rumours go, however, the Samsung Galaxy Alpha is expected to have a quad-core Snapdragon 805 processor, 4.7-inch Super AMOLED display, 32GB of internal memory and the Android 4.4 Kitkat.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Sony Xperia Z3: Features On New Nexus To Match Latest Sony Phone
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report