Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Leaked with Retail Box and Image, Samsung Galaxy Alpha Rumoured for Wednesday Release Date
By Gel Galang | August 12, 2014 10:41 AM EST
The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 has not yet been showcased in a live image until now, as leaked images of the upcoming Note device have finally been showcased.
A woman takes pictures with Nokia's new smartphone, the Lumia 1020 with a 41-megapixel camera, after its unveiling in New York in this July 11, 2013 file photo. Finnish telecoms gear maker Nokia has good prospects for sales in Europe and North America in the coming quarters, its chief executive said on July 24, 2014, after the company posted better-than-expected quarterly results. REUTERS/Shannon Stapleton/Files
There is one notable difference in the images obtained by GSM Arena, and it may be a great feature that many are waiting for: a metallic frame. According to the report, the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 looks a lot like its predecessor, save for the metallic frame, which seem to take after the Samsung Galaxy Alpha. This is evidenced by what appears to be a plastic-like inlay in frame on the sides.
There's also the S Pen holster at the side and a microUSB 3.0 port at the bottom with the speaker grille. The image showing off the back of the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 also seems to be sporting a heart rate monitor, while the expected screen should have a 2560x1440 pixels QHD that's 5.7-inch.
IFA in Berlin is just around the corner this Sept 3, so the reveal and expected release to retail is just less than a month away from now, if rumours are to be believed.
Samsung Galaxy Alpha Rumoured with a Release Date and 64GB Version
After being spotted at a yachting event in Russia, it seems that the Samsung Galaxy Alpha is finally getting a release date.
Quoting a South Korean report, Phone Arena states that Samsung may be looking to release the Samsung Galaxy Alpha as early as Aug 13 or this Wednesday.
One can say that this is the result of rumours falling into place--from the rumoured early release date to the many sightings of leaked images that have been appearing left and right. Not to mention that the report has also touched on Samsung also building up a 64GB version of the Samsung Galaxy Alpha, considering that the release date for the iPhone 6 is also drawing close.
The reason for this is the inability to expand the storage capacity to 64GB because of the supposed metal frame.
For now, almost everything about the Samsung Galaxy Alpha's design and outer appearance has been confirmed and showcased. The only thing that could potentially surprise Samsung fans would be the insides, as there have been no confirmations at all of what the Samsung Galaxy Alpha would be running on.
As far as rumours go, however, the Samsung Galaxy Alpha is expected to have a quad-core Snapdragon 805 processor, 4.7-inch Super AMOLED display, 32GB of internal memory and the Android 4.4 Kitkat.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports