Teen Choice Awards 2014: Taylor Swift Throws Shade at 'Dramatic' Ex-Boyfriends
By Diadem Pambid | August 12, 2014 10:29 AM EST
Aside from the big winners at the Teen Choice Awards 2014 being the talk of the town, Taylor Swift's subtle shade to her ex-boyfriends wasn't one to be missed. The country crooner took to the stage to present an award for Choice Actor in a Drama Movie where her introduction to the nominees took quite the turn.
U.S. singer Taylor Swift performs during her RED Tour in Shanghai, May 30, 2014.
No one knows drama from being in bad relationships than TSwift. The country crooner's songs are mostly from break-ups from the likes of Jake Gyllenhaal, Joe Jonas, Conor Kennedy and Harry Styles. Thus, the TCA's picked Swift to present the award for Choice Actor in a Drama Movie. Once on stage, the songstress took a jibe at her ex-boyfriends whom she called "dramatic."
"Oh hey guys. You know we've had some amazing memories here together at the Teen Choice Awards. And so, I was excited when they asked me to come and present this award, because no one knows more about dramatic males than I do," stated Swift.
The crowd was quick to react to Swift's nod at "dramatic males" with laughs. Swift then proceeded to introduce the nominees for the category which included: Ansel Elgort of "The Fault in Our Stars," Bradley Cooper of "American Hustle," Russell Crowe for "Noah," Jason Dohring for "Veronica Mars" and Jon Hamm for "Million Dollar Arm."
Ansel Elgort took home the surfboard award and even took the time backstage with a photo op with presenter Taylor Swift. Elgort wasn't the only winner as Swift too took home an award from the Teen Choice Awards. The 24-year old was named Choice Female Country Artist but failed to win Choice Female Artist and Choice Smile.
Swift's ex-beau, Harry Styles had nabbed the award for Choice Smile beating not only Swift but Demi Lovato, Selena Gomez and Austin Mahone. As for the award for Choice Female Artist, Ariana Grande beat Swift along with Katy Perry, Lorde, Beyonce and Miley Cyrus.
Of course, Swift was still all smiles at the event in her green cropped top and skirt by Novis, shoes by Charlotte Olympia and jewellery by EFFY. The "Red" singer kept her make up to a minimum with pink lipstick.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage