Teen Choice Awards 2014: Taylor Swift Throws Shade at 'Dramatic' Ex-Boyfriends
By Diadem Pambid | August 12, 2014 10:29 AM EST
Aside from the big winners at the Teen Choice Awards 2014 being the talk of the town, Taylor Swift's subtle shade to her ex-boyfriends wasn't one to be missed. The country crooner took to the stage to present an award for Choice Actor in a Drama Movie where her introduction to the nominees took quite the turn.
U.S. singer Taylor Swift performs during her RED Tour in Shanghai, May 30, 2014.
No one knows drama from being in bad relationships than TSwift. The country crooner's songs are mostly from break-ups from the likes of Jake Gyllenhaal, Joe Jonas, Conor Kennedy and Harry Styles. Thus, the TCA's picked Swift to present the award for Choice Actor in a Drama Movie. Once on stage, the songstress took a jibe at her ex-boyfriends whom she called "dramatic."
"Oh hey guys. You know we've had some amazing memories here together at the Teen Choice Awards. And so, I was excited when they asked me to come and present this award, because no one knows more about dramatic males than I do," stated Swift.
The crowd was quick to react to Swift's nod at "dramatic males" with laughs. Swift then proceeded to introduce the nominees for the category which included: Ansel Elgort of "The Fault in Our Stars," Bradley Cooper of "American Hustle," Russell Crowe for "Noah," Jason Dohring for "Veronica Mars" and Jon Hamm for "Million Dollar Arm."
Ansel Elgort took home the surfboard award and even took the time backstage with a photo op with presenter Taylor Swift. Elgort wasn't the only winner as Swift too took home an award from the Teen Choice Awards. The 24-year old was named Choice Female Country Artist but failed to win Choice Female Artist and Choice Smile.
Swift's ex-beau, Harry Styles had nabbed the award for Choice Smile beating not only Swift but Demi Lovato, Selena Gomez and Austin Mahone. As for the award for Choice Female Artist, Ariana Grande beat Swift along with Katy Perry, Lorde, Beyonce and Miley Cyrus.
Of course, Swift was still all smiles at the event in her green cropped top and skirt by Novis, shoes by Charlotte Olympia and jewellery by EFFY. The "Red" singer kept her make up to a minimum with pink lipstick.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Preview: Sam’s Fairy Tale Date, Belly Dancing Time, Who Exits
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet