Robin Williams’ Widow Susan Schneider Speaks Up; Plus Celebrities React on His Death
By Anne Lu | August 12, 2014 10:21 AM EST
Robin Williams’ widow Susan Schneider has broken her silence on the death of the multiple award-winning Hollywood star.
The “Jumanji” actor was found dead in his California home on Monday. Officials suspect it was due to suicide by asphyxiation, though investigation is still under way.
Actor Robin Williams arrives for the European premiere of "Happy Feet " at the Empire cinema in London in this file picture taken November 26, 2006. REUTERS/Luke Macgregor/Files
Schneider, who married Williams in 2011, said she is heartbroken over the loss of her best friend.
“This morning, I lost my husband and my best friend, while the world lost one of its most beloved artists and beautiful human beings. I am utterly heartbroken. On behalf of Robin’s family, we are asking for privacy during our time of profound grief,” Schneider said in a statement to the Hollywood Reporter.
“As he is remembered, it is our hope the focus will not be on Robin’s death, but on the countless moments of joy and laughter he gave to millions.”
Williams had been married three times; the first two were to Valerie Velardi and Marsha Garces. He had three children – Zachary Pym (born 1983) with Velardi, and Zelda Rae (1989) and Cody Alan (1991) with Garces.
The actor’s publicist refused to confirm the report of suicide, but said that Williams had been battling severe depression of late.
His fellow actors and celebrities have taken to Twitter to express their sadness over his death.
I can’t believe the news about Robin Williams. He gave so much to so many people. I’m heartbroken.
— Ellen DeGeneres (@TheEllenShow) August 11, 2014
So sad to hear of Robin Williams passing. Had the great pleasure to interview him. He was a lovely man, great talent. — Meredith Vieira (@meredithvieira) August 12, 2014
Wow. RIP Robin Williams. Genius.
— Dean Cain (@RealDeanCain) August 11, 2014
My prayers+sad heart are with Robin Williams' family tonight. Only met him once, but it was one of the most enjoyable moments of my life RIP — P!nk (@Pink) August 11, 2014
Heartbreaking news,so sad :(…..Robin Williams R.I.P
— Roma Downey (@RealRomaDowney) August 11, 2014
Dear GOD. Robin Williams just died. We are so heartbroken we're emotional. No one like him on earth. He is our comedy hero. RIP Robin. — OneRepublic (@OneRepublic) August 11, 2014
Very sad to hear that the brilliant comedian and actor Robin Williams has died at 63. One never knows the interior of someone else's life...
— John Green (@realjohngreen) August 11, 2014
No, just no! @robinwilliams NO! Such a sweet man. RIP — Jim Gaffigan (@JimGaffigan) August 11, 2014
Robin Williams was like no other ..To watch him create on the spot was a privilege to behold.. Robin you are an angel now !!! REST IN PEACE
— Henry Winkler (@hwinkler4real) August 11, 2014
"No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world." -Robin Williams... http://t.co/nfI2PPBNBQ — Vanessa Hudgens (@VanessaHudgens) August 12, 2014
Wow...I'm truly shocked by the news of Robin Williams passing. RIP to a man who made the whole world laugh. My heart goes out to his family.
— Victoria Justice (@VictoriaJustice) August 12, 2014
I am heartbroken. Dear, sweet friend, Robin Williams, gone. Our prayers for peace to all his friends and family, his beautiful children. — Rita Wilson (@RitaWilson) August 12, 2014
ROBIN WILLIAMS WAS A LEGEND, WHAT A LOSS, SAD
— Vanilla Ice (@vanillaice) August 12, 2014
Sorry to learn of the tragic death of Robin Williams. Spent a lot of time with him. Even performed with him in San Francisco. So sad. — Larry King (@kingsthings) August 11, 2014
Your humor, talent, and spark will be forever missed. Wow, what a legend. #RIPRobbinWilliams
— Aly & AJ Michalka (@78Violet) August 12, 2014
Famously kind, ferociously funny, a genius and a gentle soul. What a loss. #RobinWilliams — Michael J. Fox (@realmikefox) August 12, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS