Robin Williams’ Widow Susan Schneider Speaks Up; Plus Celebrities React on His Death
By Anne Lu | August 12, 2014 10:21 AM EST
Robin Williams’ widow Susan Schneider has broken her silence on the death of the multiple award-winning Hollywood star.
The “Jumanji” actor was found dead in his California home on Monday. Officials suspect it was due to suicide by asphyxiation, though investigation is still under way.
Actor Robin Williams arrives for the European premiere of "Happy Feet " at the Empire cinema in London in this file picture taken November 26, 2006. REUTERS/Luke Macgregor/Files
Schneider, who married Williams in 2011, said she is heartbroken over the loss of her best friend.
“This morning, I lost my husband and my best friend, while the world lost one of its most beloved artists and beautiful human beings. I am utterly heartbroken. On behalf of Robin’s family, we are asking for privacy during our time of profound grief,” Schneider said in a statement to the Hollywood Reporter.
“As he is remembered, it is our hope the focus will not be on Robin’s death, but on the countless moments of joy and laughter he gave to millions.”
Williams had been married three times; the first two were to Valerie Velardi and Marsha Garces. He had three children – Zachary Pym (born 1983) with Velardi, and Zelda Rae (1989) and Cody Alan (1991) with Garces.
The actor’s publicist refused to confirm the report of suicide, but said that Williams had been battling severe depression of late.
His fellow actors and celebrities have taken to Twitter to express their sadness over his death.
I can’t believe the news about Robin Williams. He gave so much to so many people. I’m heartbroken.
— Ellen DeGeneres (@TheEllenShow) August 11, 2014
So sad to hear of Robin Williams passing. Had the great pleasure to interview him. He was a lovely man, great talent. — Meredith Vieira (@meredithvieira) August 12, 2014
Wow. RIP Robin Williams. Genius.
— Dean Cain (@RealDeanCain) August 11, 2014
My prayers+sad heart are with Robin Williams' family tonight. Only met him once, but it was one of the most enjoyable moments of my life RIP — P!nk (@Pink) August 11, 2014
Heartbreaking news,so sad :(…..Robin Williams R.I.P
— Roma Downey (@RealRomaDowney) August 11, 2014
Dear GOD. Robin Williams just died. We are so heartbroken we're emotional. No one like him on earth. He is our comedy hero. RIP Robin. — OneRepublic (@OneRepublic) August 11, 2014
Very sad to hear that the brilliant comedian and actor Robin Williams has died at 63. One never knows the interior of someone else's life...
— John Green (@realjohngreen) August 11, 2014
No, just no! @robinwilliams NO! Such a sweet man. RIP — Jim Gaffigan (@JimGaffigan) August 11, 2014
Robin Williams was like no other ..To watch him create on the spot was a privilege to behold.. Robin you are an angel now !!! REST IN PEACE
— Henry Winkler (@hwinkler4real) August 11, 2014
"No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world." -Robin Williams... http://t.co/nfI2PPBNBQ — Vanessa Hudgens (@VanessaHudgens) August 12, 2014
Wow...I'm truly shocked by the news of Robin Williams passing. RIP to a man who made the whole world laugh. My heart goes out to his family.
— Victoria Justice (@VictoriaJustice) August 12, 2014
I am heartbroken. Dear, sweet friend, Robin Williams, gone. Our prayers for peace to all his friends and family, his beautiful children. — Rita Wilson (@RitaWilson) August 12, 2014
ROBIN WILLIAMS WAS A LEGEND, WHAT A LOSS, SAD
— Vanilla Ice (@vanillaice) August 12, 2014
Sorry to learn of the tragic death of Robin Williams. Spent a lot of time with him. Even performed with him in San Francisco. So sad. — Larry King (@kingsthings) August 11, 2014
Your humor, talent, and spark will be forever missed. Wow, what a legend. #RIPRobbinWilliams
— Aly & AJ Michalka (@78Violet) August 12, 2014
Famously kind, ferociously funny, a genius and a gentle soul. What a loss. #RobinWilliams — Michael J. Fox (@realmikefox) August 12, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Trailer Reveals Sith Plus John Boyega And Daisy Ridley’s Characters And Much More—Reports
- Cameron Diaz, Benji Madden Engaged – Reports
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 (2014) Winner: Eliminated Contestants Predict Who Could Win It All
- Channing Tatum-Jenna Dewan Tatum Split: Channing Disregards Amber Heard Link-Up Reports, Says Wife 'Puts Everything in Perspective'
- Prince Harry Enjoys Three-Day Visit To Oman, Picks Up Present For Prince George And Performs With Traditional Sword Dancers
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Microsoft Band Wearable Gadget At $199 Is A Sell-Out
- 6 Big Reasons iPhone 6 Plus is Must-Have Black Friday, Christmas 2014 Buy
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- NATO To Russia: 'Pull Back Your Troops'
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary