Expendables Star Rhonda Rousey is a Huge Pokemon Addict
By Vincent Paul Hidalgo | August 12, 2014 10:17 AM EST
Behind the angelic face is an armbar that succumb you in a matter of seconds.
Behind the star persona is a mean streak that can fit a submission into a five seconder gif.
Jul 5, 2014; Las Vegas, NV, USA; Ronda Rousey (red gloves) trades punches with Alexis Davis (blue gloves) during a women's bantamweight title bout at Mandalay Bay Events Center.
Behind that big old smile and dominating discipline is an addiction - to cute and cuddly pokemons!
Yahoo! Sports reports that the undefeated UFC women's bantamweight champion Rhonda Rousey went into the Tommy Toe Hold show in part to promote her latest film, Expendables 3 and the fans got an inside look into the lighter side of the sport's biggest draw. The interview revealed a lot about Rowdy and what was most telling was her fondness for Pokemons.
Her favorite of the bunch of those that come out of a pokeball: Mew.
"Mew is the originator of all the other Pokémons ... Mew is the original one and [all the other Pokémon] came from that one. And, you couldn't catch Mew in the original game. You had to use the lavender town," Rousey explains.
Not to be outdone, Rousey goes into detail of her geeking out over the pokemons even going to events when she was a teenager and waiting in line for a Mew and certificate of authenticity which she had to endure hours of lining up just to tape the proof of authenticity on her room's wall.
Apart from those, nerds will be ecstatic that Rousey knows her console stuff as well. Between Playstation and Xbox, Rousey would prefer the Sony console due to her experience with it. And pitting off Mortal Kombat against Street Fighter? Well, let's just say she would borrow more moves from Sonya or Sindel as against picking Chun Li's signature kicks.
Moving over to her promotion of her film, Rousey was also asked if what current film would fare better if she was carrying the vehicle, she responded by choosing Wonder Woman.
"They're making a Wonder Woman right now, aren't they?" she asked. "I should have been Wonder Woman, man! That girl couldn't curl a two-pound weight, what's so wonderful about that? I don't understand."
To view, the full interview, watch it below:
(Video Courtesy of Kotako.com)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Chelsea FC Injury Update: Diego Costa Fully Fit Ahead Of West Brom Clash, Says Mourinho
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced
- Product Recall: Graco Recalls Baby Strollers in Canada, U.S. Due To Amputation Risks