Robin Williams Dead From Apparent Suicide
By Anne Lu | August 12, 2014 9:42 AM EST
Robin Williams has been found dead on Monday from an apparent suicide at his California home. He was 63.
According to the press released by the Marin County Sheriff’s Office Coroner Division, Williams was located inside his residence unconscious and not breathing. The medical emergency personnel arrived on the scene, and he was pronounced dead at 12:02 pm.
Actor Robin Williams arrives for the European premiere of "Happy Feet " at the Empire cinema in London in this file picture taken November 26, 2006. REUTERS/Luke Macgregor/Files
“At this time, the Sheriff’s Office Coroner Division suspects the death to be a suicide due to asphyxia, but a comprehensive investigation must be completed before a final determination is made,” the statement reads.
The actor’s rep did not confirm if his death was indeed a suicide, but instead issued the following statement:
“Robin Williams passed away this morning. He has been battling severe depression of late. This is a tragic and sudden loss. The family respectfully asks for their privacy as they grieve during this very difficult time.”
Williams was born on July 21, 1951 in Chicago, Illinois. He was best known for his TV and film characters, including the alien Mork from the series “Happy Days” and its spin-off “Mork & Mindy,” the titular characters in the films “Jack,” “Mrs Doubtfire” and “Bicentennial Man.”
His film credits include the blockbusters “Jumanji,” “Patch Adams,” “Aladdin” and “Night at the Museum.”
He had been open with his drug and alcohol addiction problems. He was addicted to cocaine during the ‘70s, and had quit cold turkey after the death of his friend, actor John Belushi, from drug overdose in 1982.
He had also checked in a rehab centre in 2006 to treat his addiction to alcohol.
He was married three times. The first one was to Valerie Velardi from 1978 to 1988. He was also married to Marsha Garces, his son from Velardi’s nanny, from 1989 to 2008.
He married his third wife, Susan Schneider, in 2011. He had three children.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report