‘The X Factor Australia’ 1st Elimination Night: Trill Goes Home [VIDEOS]
By Anne Lu | August 12, 2014 9:17 AM EST
“The X Factor Australia” act Trill is the first to go. The urban rap group was sent home on Monday night after the judges thought that Adrien Nookadu was a better choice.
Trill, composed of schoolgirls Sheralyn Hill (15), Jessica Jade (15) and Angel Tairua (14), got mixed responses from the judges on Sunday night after performing “I Will Never Let You Down” by Rita Ora.
Redfoo appeared speechless after watching the girls, as if struggling to get the right words out. While he thought they needed to work on their vocals, Ronan Keating thought it was their “trippy” production on stage that was at fault.
The voting public clearly agreed on the two male judges, as evidenced by their votes, or lack thereof, for Trill.
Along with Adrien, the girls took the dreaded bottom two, prompting both acts to engage in a showdown.
Trill took the stage first with “Leave (Get Out)” by Jojo. Adrien then tried to plead for his life with Bruno Mars’ “When I Was Your Man.”
As rules dictate, the judges first decide on who they want to stay for a week more. If their votes get into a deadlock, presenter Luke Jacobz, who looked dapper in black suit and tie, will turn to the original viewers’ votes to determine which between the two acts should go home.
It didn’t come into a deadlock.
Dannii Minogue and Natalie Bassingthwaighte naturally sided with their acts, Trill and Adrien respectively. Foo, who was wearing his crew’s faces on his attention-grabbing jacket to show his support for them, thought Trill didn’t want it as much as Adrien did.
It was then up to Ronan to decide which act should go. He went with his guts and voted out Trill.
With three votes against one, Trill had no choice but to accept their fate.
It was apparent in their faces that their elimination was not what they were hoping for at all. Before the bottom two were announced, they were seen hoping really hard to be safe. Alas, it was not meant to be. They learnt the bad news after their fellow contestants were called safe one by one.
Last season’s winner Dami Im returned on “The X Factor Australia” stage to sing her new single “Gladiator.” Also, the first winner of “Australian Idol” and former “The X Factor” judge Guy Sebastian took the stage to perform “Come Home With Me.”
Watch the show:
Showdown: Adrien Nookadu
Group opening performance
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine