‘The X Factor Australia’ 1st Elimination Night: Trill Goes Home [VIDEOS]
By Anne Lu | August 12, 2014 9:17 AM EST
“The X Factor Australia” act Trill is the first to go. The urban rap group was sent home on Monday night after the judges thought that Adrien Nookadu was a better choice.
Trill, composed of schoolgirls Sheralyn Hill (15), Jessica Jade (15) and Angel Tairua (14), got mixed responses from the judges on Sunday night after performing “I Will Never Let You Down” by Rita Ora.
Redfoo appeared speechless after watching the girls, as if struggling to get the right words out. While he thought they needed to work on their vocals, Ronan Keating thought it was their “trippy” production on stage that was at fault.
The voting public clearly agreed on the two male judges, as evidenced by their votes, or lack thereof, for Trill.
Along with Adrien, the girls took the dreaded bottom two, prompting both acts to engage in a showdown.
Trill took the stage first with “Leave (Get Out)” by Jojo. Adrien then tried to plead for his life with Bruno Mars’ “When I Was Your Man.”
As rules dictate, the judges first decide on who they want to stay for a week more. If their votes get into a deadlock, presenter Luke Jacobz, who looked dapper in black suit and tie, will turn to the original viewers’ votes to determine which between the two acts should go home.
It didn’t come into a deadlock.
Dannii Minogue and Natalie Bassingthwaighte naturally sided with their acts, Trill and Adrien respectively. Foo, who was wearing his crew’s faces on his attention-grabbing jacket to show his support for them, thought Trill didn’t want it as much as Adrien did.
It was then up to Ronan to decide which act should go. He went with his guts and voted out Trill.
With three votes against one, Trill had no choice but to accept their fate.
It was apparent in their faces that their elimination was not what they were hoping for at all. Before the bottom two were announced, they were seen hoping really hard to be safe. Alas, it was not meant to be. They learnt the bad news after their fellow contestants were called safe one by one.
Last season’s winner Dami Im returned on “The X Factor Australia” stage to sing her new single “Gladiator.” Also, the first winner of “Australian Idol” and former “The X Factor” judge Guy Sebastian took the stage to perform “Come Home With Me.”
Watch the show:
Showdown: Adrien Nookadu
Group opening performance
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown