‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles’ Topples ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ in Aug. 8-10, 2014 Weekend Box Office [WATCH VIDEO]
By Janice Somosot | August 11, 2014 9:29 PM EST
The latest version of "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles," or TMNT has toppled the "Guardians of the Galaxy" over the weekend of Aug. 8-10, 2014. According to Box Office Mojo, the film featuring the "heroes in a half shell" earned an estimated $65 million in the weekend box office, while "Guardians of the Galaxy" earned $41,531,000.
Box Office Mojo also reported that the $65 million is just the estimated domestic total of "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" as of Sunday, Aug.10, 2014. The estimated foreign total of TMNT is $28,700,000. This brings the total worldwide gross of the film to $93,700,000.
"Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" was just released last Friday, Aug. 8, 2014. It is produced by Michael Bay, Scott Mednick, Brad Fuller, Andrew Form and Ian Bryce. TMNT stars Megan Fox (April O'Neil), Will Arnett (Vernon Fenwick), William Fichtner (Eric Sacks), Johnny Knoxville (Leonardo - voice), Tony Shalhoub (Splinter - voice), Alan Ritchson (Raphael) and Noel Fisher (Michelangelo). It is directed by Jonathan Liebesman.
Aside from "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" and "Guardians of the Galaxy," the other films that made it to the Top 5 list of box office hits over the weekend of Aug. 8-10, 2014 are "Into The Storm" which earned $18,015,000 (Top 3), "The Hundred-Foot Journey" which earned $11,123,000 (Top 4) and "Lucy" which earned $9,331,000 (Top 5).
Other films that round up the list of the Top 10 films that ruled the box office weekend of Aug. 8-10, 2014 are "Step Up All In" ($6,575,000 - Top 6), "Hercules (2014)" ($5,700,000 - Top 7), "Get On Up" ($5,012,000 - Top 8), "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes" ($4,400,000 - Top 9) and "Planes: Fire & Rescue" ($2,419,000 - Top 10).
In a Bloomberg report, Rentrak's senior media analyst Paul Dergarabedian spoke about the edge of "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" over other films that are currently showing in theatres.
"'Turtles' is going to benefit big from nostalgic parents and their kids, who have had very few options in theaters this summer," Dergarabedian said in the Bloomberg report.
"'Ninja' is looking like it's going to overperform big time," he added.
It's interesting to note that Dergarabedian said this before the weekend box office results. For more updates about "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" as well as other news about entertainment, technology, sports, health, business, finance and politics, keep reading International Business Times.
Watch the "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" Trailer #2 below:
READ MORE ABOUT "TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES":
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’