American Horror Story Season 4 Freak Show: Kathy Bates’ First Scene Gives Her Sleepless Night
By Anshu Shrivastava | August 11, 2014 8:04 PM EST
Kathy Bates, who is set to play the character of Effil Darling in "American Horror Story-Freak Show," has said that she could not sleep after filming the first scene of Season 4.
"After my first scene last week -- and this is a terrible confession to make -- I couldn't sleep until six in the morning, and then I slept for 30 hours. And that was without drugs, I swear to God. I think [co-creator of the show, Ryan Murphy] scares the s**t out of me," Bates said at Comic-Con, as quoted by TV Line.
Bates' character Effil Darling is Jimmy Darling's [Evan Peters] mother and is the ex-wife of Wendell del Tolito [Michael Chiklis].
"American Horror Story" Season 4 is currently under production in New Orleans. The new season is expected to be completely different from the previous three seasons. The Hollywood Reporter has quoted Tim Minear, executive producer of the show, as saying at the Comic-Con that Season 4 is "Douglas Sirk meets Zodiac" and "It's not like the first three seasons."
The new season will feature one of the last remaining freak shows in the U.S. in 1950s. The freak show of "American Horror Story" Season 4 will be based in Jupiter, Florida and Jessica Lange's character, Elsa Mars, will be seen running it. The performers in this freak show, including the conjoined twins, with two heads, and the bearded lady, have been rescued by Lange's character and will do anything to keep the business running.
John Carroll Lynch has been roped-in to play one of the main antagonists of Season 4. According to Minear, Lynch's character is going to "scare the shit out of you."
Sarah Paulson is playing the conjoined twins: Bette and Dot Tattler, while Emma Roberts is playing Maggie. Desiree Dupre is the name of Angela Bassett's character and this character is the current wife of Tolito.
The new season is likely to have its lighter moments like Season 3 "Coven" but it is turning out to be darker in tone like Season 2 "Asylum," according to reports. "American Horror Story" Season 4 is expected to premiere this year in October.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Episode 11 On Hold, Return Date, Title And Synopsis Of New Episode
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast