Orange is the New Black Spoilers: Alex’s Reaction to Piper’s Tip-Off Likely to be ‘Big Part’ of Season 3
By Anshu Shrivastava | August 11, 2014 6:53 PM EST
It looks like Alex Vause and Piper Chapman's relationship is heading towards a major showdown in "Orange is the New Black" Season 3.
Cast member Uzo Aduba speaks, as co-stars (from L-R) Natasha Lyonne, Laverne Cox, Danielle Brooks and Laura Prepon applaud, as they accept the award for Best Comedy Series for "Orange Is the New Black" at the 4th Annual Critics' Choice Television Awards at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, California June 19, 2014.
Alex Vause stepped out of the prison in "Orange is the New Black" Season 2, as she testified against her former drug dealing boss. In the new season, she may very well come back to Litchfield's prison because of Piper Chapman's tip-off. Piper had asked Polly to inform Alex's parole officer about her plans to skip the town. In the Season 2 finale, the parole officer saw Alex pointing a gun at him when he had gone to check on her. Alex is not going to forget and forgive when she finds out that her parole officer learned about her plans to escape because of Piper.
The new season is expected to feature the friction in Piper and Alex's relationship and Piper's phone call will play a key role in that. "I think that they [Piper and Alex] have such a strong connection. I care about seeing them both happy. [Alex's reaction to Piper's phone call] will be a big part of Season 3," Taylor Schilling, who plays Piper, said to TV Guide.
Unlike last season, the character of Alex will be present in each episode of "Orange is the New Black" Season 3. Laura Prepon, who plays Alex, said in an interview with TV Guide that there will be another shift in Alex and Piper's relationship in the new season.
In Season 2, Piper found out that Larry is cheating on her with her best friend Polly. There is much suspense surrounding Larry's role in Season 3 and whether this character is returning in the new season, or not. When asked how much of Larry and Polly will be seen in Season 3, Schilling said to TV Guide: "I don't know where they're going to take that in Season 3. It would be such an interesting arc to see how [Polly and Piper] can come back together again after that sort of betrayal."
Meanwhile Jenji Kohan, creator of "Orange is the New Black," has teased in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter that the new season of her show will be "about faith."
The production of "Orange is the New Black" Season 3 is currently underway in New York.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS