Orange is the New Black Spoilers: Alex’s Reaction to Piper’s Tip-Off Likely to be ‘Big Part’ of Season 3
By Anshu Shrivastava | August 11, 2014 6:53 PM EST
It looks like Alex Vause and Piper Chapman's relationship is heading towards a major showdown in "Orange is the New Black" Season 3.
Cast member Uzo Aduba speaks, as co-stars (from L-R) Natasha Lyonne, Laverne Cox, Danielle Brooks and Laura Prepon applaud, as they accept the award for Best Comedy Series for "Orange Is the New Black" at the 4th Annual Critics' Choice Television Awards at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, California June 19, 2014.
Alex Vause stepped out of the prison in "Orange is the New Black" Season 2, as she testified against her former drug dealing boss. In the new season, she may very well come back to Litchfield's prison because of Piper Chapman's tip-off. Piper had asked Polly to inform Alex's parole officer about her plans to skip the town. In the Season 2 finale, the parole officer saw Alex pointing a gun at him when he had gone to check on her. Alex is not going to forget and forgive when she finds out that her parole officer learned about her plans to escape because of Piper.
The new season is expected to feature the friction in Piper and Alex's relationship and Piper's phone call will play a key role in that. "I think that they [Piper and Alex] have such a strong connection. I care about seeing them both happy. [Alex's reaction to Piper's phone call] will be a big part of Season 3," Taylor Schilling, who plays Piper, said to TV Guide.
Unlike last season, the character of Alex will be present in each episode of "Orange is the New Black" Season 3. Laura Prepon, who plays Alex, said in an interview with TV Guide that there will be another shift in Alex and Piper's relationship in the new season.
In Season 2, Piper found out that Larry is cheating on her with her best friend Polly. There is much suspense surrounding Larry's role in Season 3 and whether this character is returning in the new season, or not. When asked how much of Larry and Polly will be seen in Season 3, Schilling said to TV Guide: "I don't know where they're going to take that in Season 3. It would be such an interesting arc to see how [Polly and Piper] can come back together again after that sort of betrayal."
Meanwhile Jenji Kohan, creator of "Orange is the New Black," has teased in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter that the new season of her show will be "about faith."
The production of "Orange is the New Black" Season 3 is currently underway in New York.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft
- Nuclear War: Putin Certain To Launch Battle To Avoid Corruption Charges, Whistleblower Claims