Orange is the New Black Spoilers: Alex’s Reaction to Piper’s Tip-Off Likely to be ‘Big Part’ of Season 3
By Anshu Shrivastava | August 11, 2014 6:53 PM EST
It looks like Alex Vause and Piper Chapman's relationship is heading towards a major showdown in "Orange is the New Black" Season 3.
Cast member Uzo Aduba speaks, as co-stars (from L-R) Natasha Lyonne, Laverne Cox, Danielle Brooks and Laura Prepon applaud, as they accept the award for Best Comedy Series for "Orange Is the New Black" at the 4th Annual Critics' Choice Television Awards at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, California June 19, 2014.
Alex Vause stepped out of the prison in "Orange is the New Black" Season 2, as she testified against her former drug dealing boss. In the new season, she may very well come back to Litchfield's prison because of Piper Chapman's tip-off. Piper had asked Polly to inform Alex's parole officer about her plans to skip the town. In the Season 2 finale, the parole officer saw Alex pointing a gun at him when he had gone to check on her. Alex is not going to forget and forgive when she finds out that her parole officer learned about her plans to escape because of Piper.
The new season is expected to feature the friction in Piper and Alex's relationship and Piper's phone call will play a key role in that. "I think that they [Piper and Alex] have such a strong connection. I care about seeing them both happy. [Alex's reaction to Piper's phone call] will be a big part of Season 3," Taylor Schilling, who plays Piper, said to TV Guide.
Unlike last season, the character of Alex will be present in each episode of "Orange is the New Black" Season 3. Laura Prepon, who plays Alex, said in an interview with TV Guide that there will be another shift in Alex and Piper's relationship in the new season.
In Season 2, Piper found out that Larry is cheating on her with her best friend Polly. There is much suspense surrounding Larry's role in Season 3 and whether this character is returning in the new season, or not. When asked how much of Larry and Polly will be seen in Season 3, Schilling said to TV Guide: "I don't know where they're going to take that in Season 3. It would be such an interesting arc to see how [Polly and Piper] can come back together again after that sort of betrayal."
Meanwhile Jenji Kohan, creator of "Orange is the New Black," has teased in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter that the new season of her show will be "about faith."
The production of "Orange is the New Black" Season 3 is currently underway in New York.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 11 Premiere (Episode 1) Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘I Must Have Lost It On The Wind'
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best