How To Update Samsung Galaxy Note PRO 12.2 P900 To Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUANF2 Firmware
By Ryan Inoyori | August 11, 2014 6:42 PM EST
Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUANF2 for Samsung Galaxy Note PRO 12.2 P900 is possible to be installed manually by fulfilling the requirements and necessary steps below by using a computer and the ODIN flash tool.
1. Use this official firmware to the Samsung Galaxy Note PRO 12.2 P900 only.
2. Create a manual backup all data files and personal settings on the device.
3. Battery level should be at least 50 percent to avoid power interruption during installation.
4. Enable USB debugging mode on the Galaxy Note PRO 12.2
5. Download the necessary USB drivers for Galaxy Note PRO 12.2 on the computer. Installing the Samsung Kies on the computer and then connecting the tablet will also install the USB drivers.
Warning: IBT Media is not responsible for any errors which may occur on the device. Read and follow the instructions to any avoid issue. Do this at your own risk.
1. Turn off the Samsung Galaxy Note PRO 12.2 P900.
2. Reboot into Download mode by pressing and holding volume down, home and power keys at the same time till the Android logo appears.
3. Extract the ODIN flash tool and the official Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware to an easy access location on the computer.
4. Launch the ODIN flash tool on the computer.
5. Connect the Samsung Galaxy Note PRO 12.2 to the computer using a USB cable.
6. ID:COM should turn yellow if the device has been detected by the computer. Otherwise, install the necessary USB drivers as mentioned above.
7. On the ODIN flash tool, select the following files for installation:
a. Click PDA and then select the file with CODE in its name.
b. Click PHONE and then select the file with MODEM in its name. If not found, ignore this step.
c. Click CSC and then select the file with CSC in its name. If not found, ignore this step.
d. Click on PIT then select the ".pit" file. If not found, ignore this step.
8. Check on the AUTO REBOOT and F.RESET TIME on the ODIN flash tool.
9. In case a ".pit" file has been selected, check on the RE-PARTITION option on the ODIN flash tool. Otherwise, leave the option UNCHECKED.
10. Hit the START button to begin installation on the ODIN flash tool.
11. After the installation which may take up to five minutes, the device will restart.
12. Once the Galaxy Note PRO 12.2 reaches the home screen, it can now be unplugged from the USB connection.
For any bug reports or issues, kindly send feedback to Team Android Web page for XXUANF2 firmware.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Hits Battle Frontier Plus New Discoveries
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Essential Tips For Nexus 6: Camera And Entertainment, Notifications And Privacy, Battery
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' Starter Tips And Tricks: Character Creation, Combat Modes, Party, Looting, War Table
- Vodafone Australia Software Update Weekly Wrap For Nov. 20: Blackberry, HTC, Huawei, Samsung And Sony
- HTC One M9: Speculations on Release Date, Specs And Features
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Bendable Galaxy S6 Release in 2015 Possible as Samsung Reveals Plans
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports