LG G2 Mini vs. Nexus 5 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | August 11, 2014 6:22 PM EST
The Nexus 5 is slightly more expensive than the LG G2 Mini. Here is a look at the specs and price of both devices for readers who are considering buying one of the devices. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
Display and Design
The LG G2 Mini comes with a 4.7-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 540 x 960 pixels. The Nexus 5 comes with a 4.95-inch True HD IPS+ capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 1,080 x 1,920 pixels.
The Nexus 5 is the clear winner in this category with 445 ppi pixel display density compared to the 234 ppi pixels display density on the LG G2 Mini.
The LG G2 Mini measures 129.6 x 66 x 9.8 mm and weighs 121 grams. The Nexus 5 is bigger, wider and sleeker. The devices measures 137.84 x 69.17 x 8.59 mm and is comparatively heavier, weighing 130 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The LG G2 Mini is equipped with a 1.2 GHz quad core Cortex A7 processor and Qualcomm MSM8226 Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 32 GB using a microSD card.
The Nexus 5 is equipped with a 2.26 GHz quad core Krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8974 Snapdragon 800 chipset. It comes in 16 GB and 32 GB internal memory variants and no microSD slot for additional memory.
Both devices run on the Android KitKat operating system. The LG G2 Mini has 1 GB of RAM and the Nexus 5 has 2 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power, the Nexus 5 is again the clear winner.
The LG G2 Mini sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.3 MP. The Nexus 5 sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus, optical image stabilisation and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.3 MP.
The LG G2 Mini comes with a Li-Ion 2,440 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 16 hours on 3G. The Nexus 5 comes with a non-removable Li-Po 2,300 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 17 hours on 3G.
Price in Australia
The LG G2 Mini 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU$259.95. The Nexus 5 16 GB variant is priced at around AU$399.95 and the 32 GB variant is priced at around AU$469.95 in Australia.
More Articles to Read
Nokia Lumia 630 vs. Lumia 520 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions