LG G2 Mini vs. Nexus 5 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | August 11, 2014 6:22 PM EST
The Nexus 5 is slightly more expensive than the LG G2 Mini. Here is a look at the specs and price of both devices for readers who are considering buying one of the devices. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
Display and Design
The LG G2 Mini comes with a 4.7-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 540 x 960 pixels. The Nexus 5 comes with a 4.95-inch True HD IPS+ capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 1,080 x 1,920 pixels.
The Nexus 5 is the clear winner in this category with 445 ppi pixel display density compared to the 234 ppi pixels display density on the LG G2 Mini.
The LG G2 Mini measures 129.6 x 66 x 9.8 mm and weighs 121 grams. The Nexus 5 is bigger, wider and sleeker. The devices measures 137.84 x 69.17 x 8.59 mm and is comparatively heavier, weighing 130 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The LG G2 Mini is equipped with a 1.2 GHz quad core Cortex A7 processor and Qualcomm MSM8226 Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 32 GB using a microSD card.
The Nexus 5 is equipped with a 2.26 GHz quad core Krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8974 Snapdragon 800 chipset. It comes in 16 GB and 32 GB internal memory variants and no microSD slot for additional memory.
Both devices run on the Android KitKat operating system. The LG G2 Mini has 1 GB of RAM and the Nexus 5 has 2 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power, the Nexus 5 is again the clear winner.
The LG G2 Mini sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.3 MP. The Nexus 5 sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus, optical image stabilisation and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.3 MP.
The LG G2 Mini comes with a Li-Ion 2,440 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 16 hours on 3G. The Nexus 5 comes with a non-removable Li-Po 2,300 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 17 hours on 3G.
Price in Australia
The LG G2 Mini 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU$259.95. The Nexus 5 16 GB variant is priced at around AU$399.95 and the 32 GB variant is priced at around AU$469.95 in Australia.
More Articles to Read
Nokia Lumia 630 vs. Lumia 520 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Sony Xperia Z3: Features On New Nexus To Match Latest Sony Phone
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report