‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’ Spoiler: Superman Reported to be a Villain [VIDEOS]
By Anne Lu | August 11, 2014 5:32 PM EST
One of the villains in “Batman V Superman” has been named, and it’s one of the protagonists, according to a report.
Possible spoilers ahead. Unsubstantiated reports on the upcoming “Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice” film are detailed below.
Director Ben Affleck holds his best picture award for his film "Argo" at the 2013 Vanity Fair Oscars Party in West Hollywood, California in this file photo taken February 25, 2013. Affleck was banned earlier this week from playing blackjack at the Hard Rock casino in Las Vegas because he was "too good," a source close to the Oscar-winner said on Friday.
There are growing speculations on who the villain of the film will be. Lex Luthor (Jesse Eisenberg) is, of course, a given, but there are possibly a few more that would aid him.
According to the reports, one of them is not a usual suspect from both Batman and Superman’s antagonists line-up.
Instead, it’s Superman.
A film insider told Batman-on-Film.com that there’s a “a very ‘anti-Superman’ theme to the film which includes people marching in the streets to protest against him.”
Also, regarding leaked photos of Ben Affleck sporting grey hair on his temples, they are from a scene in which Bruce Wayne (Affleck) saves people “after some sort of attack on Metropolis,” which is Superman’s turf.
As the fans of DC Comics and films have surmised, those titbits of info might mean that Superman has gone rogue and he will play the bad guy for at least the first half of the film.
“Unless, of course, Lex Luthor is partly behind the Superman hatred – as you’d have imagine he will be. In which case, the second half of the movie is likely to go a little something like the comic arc (and DC animated movie) Batman/Superman: Public Enemies,” Movie Pilot supplied.
Here’s a clip of the animated show, in which President Luthor puts a bounty on Superman’s head:
Another possible spoiler from Batman-on-Film.com is the alleged inclusion of Aquaman, who apparently has “a very small role” in the film.
As persistent speculations claim, “Game of Thrones” star Jason Momoa will be playing the often underrated King of Atlantis.
Director Zack Snyder even defended Aquaman at the radio program “Stoney and Bill Show,” which listeners assumed that he did so because Aquaman is in the movie.
“I don’t want to give anything away about the movie, but Aquaman has some cool abilities. People are like, ‘Oh, what? Does he talk to animals? Cause that seems like what he does Or fish?’” the filmmaker said.
“The cool thing with Aquaman is he’s Triton, so you have to realise that he could cut the flesh of Superman if they came in contact. It’s not to say that he’s in the movie or anything like that,” he cleared, “but he has the potential to be badass.”
“Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice” stars Henry Cavill as Superman/Clark Kent, Affleck as Batman/Bruce Wayne, Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, Amy Adams as Lois Lane, Laurence Fishburne as Perry White, Diane Lane as Martha Kent, Jeremy Irons as Alfred Pennyworth and Eisenberg as Lex Luthor.
It is set for release on Mar 25, 2016.
Here’s a fan-shot video of the behind the scenes of the film, in which Affleck is seen rescuing a young girl from a building’s ruins.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate