How To Update Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 To Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUFGN1 Firmware
By Ryan Inoyori | August 11, 2014 5:09 PM EST
1. Use this official firmware for the Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 model only.
2. Create a manual backup of all data files and personal settings on the device.
3. Battery level should be at least 50 percent to prevent power interruption during installation.
4. Enable USB debugging mode on the smartphone.
5. Download the necessary USB drivers for Galaxy S4 on a computer. Installing the Samsung Kies on the computer and then connecting the smartphone will also install the USB drivers.
Warning: IBT Media is not responsible for any errors that may occur on the device. Read and follow the instructions to any avoid issue. Do this at your own risk.
1. Switch off the Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 smartphone.
2. Reboot into Download mode by pressing and holding volume down, home and power keys at the same time till the Android logo appears.
3. Extract the ODIN flash tool and the official Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware to an easy access location on the computer.
4. Launch the ODIN flash tool on the computer.
5. Connect the Samsung Galaxy S4 to the computer using a USB cable.
6. ID:COM should turn yellow if the device has been detected by the machine. Otherwise, install the necessary USB drivers as mentioned above.
7. On the ODIN flash tool, select the following files for the installation:
a. Click PDA and then select the file with CODE in its name.
b. Click PHONE and then select the file with MODEM in its name. If not found, ignore this step.
c. Click CSC and then select the file with CSC in its name. If not found, ignore this step.
d. Click on PIT and then select the ".pit" file. If not found, ignore this step.
8. Check on the AUTO REBOOT and F.RESET TIME on the ODIN flash tool.
9. In case a ".pit" file has been selected, check on the RE-PARTITION option on the ODIN flash tool. Otherwise, leave the option UNCHECKED.
10. Hit the START button to begin installation on the ODIN flash tool.
11. After the installation which may take up to five minutes, the device will restart.
12. Once the smartphone reaches the home screen, it can now be unplugged from the USB connection.
For any bug reports or issues, kindly send your feedback to Team Android Web page for XXUFNG1 firmware.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge: Top Reasons To Upgrade From Galaxy Note 3 Or Galaxy Note 2
- Android 5.0 L November And December Rollout: Android One, Nexus, Google Play, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4
- iOS 8 Bugs: Minor, Moderate And Serious Issues Why Users Should Not Upgrade Immediately
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Updates: Meet The Leaders of Team Magma and Aqua, Trainer and His Mega Gallade
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Gay And Lesbian Pregnancy Now Available As Alternative To Adoption
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown