How To Update Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 To Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUFGN1 Firmware
By Ryan Inoyori | August 11, 2014 5:09 PM EST
1. Use this official firmware for the Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 model only.
2. Create a manual backup of all data files and personal settings on the device.
3. Battery level should be at least 50 percent to prevent power interruption during installation.
4. Enable USB debugging mode on the smartphone.
5. Download the necessary USB drivers for Galaxy S4 on a computer. Installing the Samsung Kies on the computer and then connecting the smartphone will also install the USB drivers.
Warning: IBT Media is not responsible for any errors that may occur on the device. Read and follow the instructions to any avoid issue. Do this at your own risk.
1. Switch off the Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 smartphone.
2. Reboot into Download mode by pressing and holding volume down, home and power keys at the same time till the Android logo appears.
3. Extract the ODIN flash tool and the official Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware to an easy access location on the computer.
4. Launch the ODIN flash tool on the computer.
5. Connect the Samsung Galaxy S4 to the computer using a USB cable.
6. ID:COM should turn yellow if the device has been detected by the machine. Otherwise, install the necessary USB drivers as mentioned above.
7. On the ODIN flash tool, select the following files for the installation:
a. Click PDA and then select the file with CODE in its name.
b. Click PHONE and then select the file with MODEM in its name. If not found, ignore this step.
c. Click CSC and then select the file with CSC in its name. If not found, ignore this step.
d. Click on PIT and then select the ".pit" file. If not found, ignore this step.
8. Check on the AUTO REBOOT and F.RESET TIME on the ODIN flash tool.
9. In case a ".pit" file has been selected, check on the RE-PARTITION option on the ODIN flash tool. Otherwise, leave the option UNCHECKED.
10. Hit the START button to begin installation on the ODIN flash tool.
11. After the installation which may take up to five minutes, the device will restart.
12. Once the smartphone reaches the home screen, it can now be unplugged from the USB connection.
For any bug reports or issues, kindly send your feedback to Team Android Web page for XXUFNG1 firmware.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions