Game of Thrones Season 5: Meet Yezzan, Tyrion Lannister’s Slave Master
By Riza Ornos | August 11, 2014 5:05 PM EST
Currently in production for its season 5, HBO's epic fantasy series "Game of Thrones" is introducing more characters to join its wide ensemble of cast for its upcoming season. One of the new faces in season 5 is Yunkai's wealthiest slave owner, Yezzan, as he will play a vital part on the life Tyrion Lannister as vanishes from Kings Landing after killing the hand of the king, Tywin Lannister, in his privy.
Cast member Peter Dinklage arrives for the season four premiere of the HBO series "Game of Thrones" in New York in this March 18, 2014, file photo. The blood-filled finale of the fourth season of HBO's fantasy series "Game of Thrones" was watched by 7.1 million viewers, the network said on Monday, topping the 5.4 million people who watched last season's closing episode.
To be played by Enzo Cilenti, Yezzan is described to be fat in George R.R. Martin's "A Dance with Dragons," but it's seems that showrunners D.B. Weiss and Dan Benioff have different plans for him. "He is described as being too fat to move, but unless actor Enzo Cilenti starts eating a lot, it looks like show-Yezzan is going to be pretty fit," Wet Paint reports.
A slave trader from the city of Yunkai, a city located on the coast of Slaver's Bay, Yezzan zo Qaggaz is one of the Wise Masters and the city's ruling elite. He is one of the few masters that urges the others to make peace with Daenerys, after the Mother of Dragons conquered the city as he fears that the ongoing to conflict will cause more trouble than its worth.
"Yezzan is important because he buys Tyrion Lannister and Jorah Mormont as slaves," according to the website. "Based on the books, Tyrion and Jorah become not only slaves next season, but also the show's newest fantastic odd couple."
"Known to treat his slaves fairly well compared to other slave masters, the slave master always make sure that all his slaves are well fed and looked after. Yezzan has a penchant with the grotesque as he often purchase slaves with physical deformities to add to his "collection," and one classic example is Tyrion.
"Game of Thrones" season 5 marks the beginning of Daenerys Targaryen's reign with Ser Jorah Mormont as her confidante. Fans of the show will be treated for another season of adventures as Dany faces Yezzan in fiery confrontations as she tries erase the slave culture in the city.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS