Nokia Lumia 636 vs. Motorola Moto E Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | August 11, 2014 4:52 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the Nokia Lumia 636 or the Motorola Moto E, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
Display and Design
The Nokia Lumia 636 comes with a 4.5-inch IPS LCD touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 480 x 854 pixels. The Motorola Moto E comes with a 4.3-inch capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 540 x 960 pixels.
The Moto E has a slight edge in this category with 256 ppi pixel display density compared to the 221 ppi pixel display density on the Lumia 636.
The Nokia Lumia 636 measures 129.5 x 66.7 x 9.2 mm and weighs 134 grams. The Motorola Moto E is slightly smaller, narrower and thicker. The device measures 124.8 x 64.8 x 12.3 mm and is heavier, weighing 142 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Nokia Lumia 636 is equipped with a 1.2 GHz quad core processor and Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a microSD card.
The Motorola Moto E is equipped with a 1.2 GHz dual core Cortex A7 processor and Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 chipset. It comes with 4 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 32 GB using a microSD card.
The Nokia Lumia 636 runs on the Windows Phone 8.1 operating system and the Motorola Moto E runs on the Android KitKat operating system. Both the devices have 1 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power, the Lumia 636 has a slight edge over the Moto E.
Both devices sport a 5 MP camera and do not have a secondary camera.
The Nokia Lumia 636 comes with a Li-Ion 1,830 mAh battery and the Motorola Moto E comes with a non-removable Li-Ion 1,980 mAh battery.
Price in Australia
The Nokia Lumia 636 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU$229.95 and the Motorola Moto E is priced at around AU$199.95 in Australia.
More Articles to Read
Nokia Lumia 630 vs. Lumia 520 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Facebook To Charge Users Of $2.99 Monthly Fee On November 1; Best Free Alternatives For Facebook
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' What Players Can Expect Before November 18 Release Date
- 'World Of Warcraft Warlords Of Draenor' Spoilers: 'WoD' In-Game Cinematics Revealed, Plus There's A Brewfest For The Horde And Alliance Players [WATCH VIDEOS]
- Microsoft Promises A Better ‘Minecraft,’ Game To Come to Windows Phone
- The Pirate Bay Operations: 21 Virtual Machines Are Used To Run The File-sharing Website
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed